Scots Dragoon Guards

Discussion in 'RAC' started by broon, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking to join the SCOTS DG some time next year and was wondering when they are next scheduled to go on tour, (i am not trying to dodge it!)

cheers for any info

2. Rest assured Broon, it won't be long after you have joined the Army before you do an op tour. And that goes for whichever unit you join!

3. looking like next year, the information i have been given keeps changeing slightly but like your man said, you will not have to wait long for a tour! good luck with joining the best heavy armour regiment mate.

4. Nex year is right, on a split tour. Even if you don't make that one, like CrapSpy said- you wont have to wait long for the next one!

5. But is he a Scot?......or English?..........or Fijian?....................

6. or perish the thought, Welsh!

7. I am Scottish, and will be 17 when i join... I am thinking that 17 may be a bit young but the army is the thing I want to do, does anyone think 17 is too young as Iobviously will lack in the old "life experience".

cheers

8. I will be 17 when i join... I am thinking that 17 may be a bit young but the army is the only thing I want to do, does anyone think 17 is too young as I obviously will lack in the old "life experience".

cheers

9. I know lots of 17 year old lads in the reg, most of them are good lads. Not too young at all.

10. Not too young at all, I started AFC Harrogate aged 16, straight from school. No such thing as too young to be getting in this job, in my opinion. Maturity counts more than the number, at any rate. Don't be concerned with lacking life experience either, the regiment will offer you countless opportunities to build that up to a level a civvie twice your age would be jealous of.

11. And do call it the ROYAL Scots Dragoon Guards please.

12. Although joining the Army at the age of 17 is fine (particularly if you are mature for your age), soldiers of under 18 years of age are not currently deployed on operations.

B-C

13. Thanks for the replies, I am looking to join around March next year, I haven't been down to the careers office yet, just been gathering information etc so far. When do you think would be the best time to get the ball rolling... I'm thinking about 5 or 6 months?

Thanks for the help

14. *** Five or six months before March 08 that is. ***

15. What's stopping you 'rolling the ball' now? I started my 'ball' a-rolling back in Jan 2006. All this time later and I'm just about to go to regt in July after completing my phase 2 training. No time like the present! It'll take a good few months before you go to selection and then start phase 1.