Scots DG Win Brits

B_AND_T said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/soldiers-invade-classical-brits-1685205.html

Fair play to them.

Being an English geezer, am I wrong in liking the Pipes and Drums?
Nope, not in the slightest. Unless I am deeply suspect as well! :lol:

Mind you, check out the opposition:

"The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards was awarded album of the year for Spirit of the Glen: Journey, beating nominees including Andrea Bocelli, The Salvation Army and Cistercian Monks."

So a bunch of strangled cats beat a blind man, some ultra religious samaritans and a lot of old men wearing white dresses!

Sounds like a good fight!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
It must have been their skirts!!

When you consider this was done in a makeshift studio in Basra it's just fantastic. Proud of you all lads.!

oldmuso said:
Just watched the Classic Brits as had to record it - fantastic reception for the RSDG when they got their award :clap: The programme is repeated on Sunday at 1945 on ITV3 :dance:
It's a small world; mate of mine's nephew is one of the Pipers. :D

Werewolf said:
oldmuso said:
Just watched the Classic Brits as had to record it - fantastic reception for the RSDG when they got their award :clap: The programme is repeated on Sunday at 1945 on ITV3 :dance:
I was at the album's launch at Edinburgh Castle last year if your mate would like any photos from that just PM me

oldmuso said:
Werewolf said:
oldmuso said:
I was at the album's launch at Edinburgh Castle last year if your mate would like any photos from that just PM me
Cheers. I'll let him know. :D