Scotland

It's all pretty simple really.
What's really important in this short life?

Scotland 1

England 0

Guess where I'm headed.
Have a nice day choking on your shit and please accept my deepest sympathy.
That will be all from me chaps.;)
Scottish summer.... reality.

or

Last edited:
You can just bugger off, you and your intelligence & grip on history.
No room for that sort of stuff here.;)
Sorry, guv.
mens_t_shirt_-_the_frost_report_-_john_cleese_ronnie_corbett_ronnie_barker_-_i_know_my_place_-...jpg

It's all pretty simple really.
What's really important in this short life?

Scotland 1

England 0

Guess where I'm headed.
Have a nice day choking on your shit and please accept my deepest sympathy.
That will be all from me chaps.;)
Some figures that I read state that the population of Scotland has not increased for a hundred years. Generations of Jocks have been moving south for years, and that is why the M25 is clogged.

Some figures that I read state that the population of Scotland has not increased for a hundred years. Generations of Jocks have been moving south for years, and that is why the M25 is clogged.
I don’t think much of your source. In 2000 it as about 5.05 million and in 2014 it had grown to 5.35 million.
It’s true, though, that generations of Jocks have been moving south for years - some fucker has to run the country.

The difference between this picture

[
And this picture

is that the first one lasts for 4 junctions, whereas the second one starts at Preston and continues to, and entirely encircles, London.

[
And this picture

is that the first one lasts for 4 junctions, whereas the second one starts at Preston and continues to, and entirely encircles, London.
So why is everyone leaving Porridgewoglandia in droves?

So why is everyone leaving Porridgewoglandia in droves?
The M8 westbound (pictured) allows them to escape The Weege for the sunlit uplands of God's Own Country*.

*For it is written that on the Eighth Day, He came back from his day off and thought, "Yeah, but it could do with something extra. Let there be Ayrshire." And there was Ayrshire.

OK, there was also Onthank but nobody's perfect.

[
And this picture

That's pretty much "My turf" that bit of motorway.
You will notice the gantry says "Slow moving" albeit a stop-start basis for two miles, and would almost certainly be a peak time bottle-neck. You are bang in the middle of the City centre there. The other side? Free flowing pretty much business as usual.
Quite honestly, a total grid lock can happen up here sometimes, but invariably it will be the result of isolated incidents which will happen anywhere. Since our motorways have been improved it's a dawdle getting to either Glasgow or Edinburgh in around 20/25 minutes if you time it right from where we live being equidistant.

SWMBO & I have vivid recall of picking up our son years back from his RMP Pass out, and getting stuck on the M25 for.......6 hours. Thankfully we had emptied our bladders before leaving. Eventually we checked into a Motel when we got to a ramp-off. I cannot recall exactly where now, but we decided to bed down for the night and leave early next morning, having cases packed anyway for the previous 2 day's journey...fortunately.
Big extra expense given we had hired a diesel oiler plus accommodation so that didn't work out!
Having 400 miles to go, a total of 14 hours on the road did not appeal.
According to a guy in the Bimmer beside us, this was fairly normal. Hard to absorb, but that was his turf and perhaps he should have known better but all it takes is a minor incident at the wrong hour, and you are screwed for hours apparently. He had run out of water, we had plenty, so SWMBO passed a couple of bottles over to him. Despite driving a BMW Z4 he was a really nice fellow.;)

I guess if you are born to it you just live with it, but I simply could not live like that. By pure accident of birthplace people like me are spoiled rotten with some of the best & quietest driving roads on our doorstep in the UK, so you get used to it.

Last edited:
You will notice the gantry says "Slow moving" albeit a stop-start basis for two miles, and would almost certainly be a peak time bottle-neck. You are bang in the middle of the City centre there. The other side? Free flowing pretty much business as usual.
Quite honestly, a total grid lock can happen up here sometimes, but invariably it will be the result of isolated incidents which will happen anywhere.
Since the motorways have been improved, its a dawdle getting to either Glasgow or Edinburgh...both around 20/25 minutes if you time it right from where we live, being equidistant.
SWMBO & I still have vivid recall of picking up our son years back from his RMP Pass out, and getting stuck on the M25 for.......6 hours.

Thankfully we had all emptied our bladders before leaving. Eventually, we checked into a Motel when we got to a ramp-off. I cannot recall exactly where now, but we decided to bed down for the night and leave early next morning, having cases packed anyway for the previous 2 day's journey...fortunately. Big extra expense given we had hired a diesel oiler plus accommodation so that didn't work out!
According to a guy in the Bimmer beside us, this was fairly normal. Hard to absorb, but that was his turf and perhaps he should have known better too but all it takes is a minor incident at the wrong hour, and you are screwed for hours apparently. He had run out of water, we had plenty, so SWMBO passed a couple of bottles over to him. Despite driving a BMW Z4 he was a really nice fellow.;)

I guess if you are born to it you just live with it, but I simply could not live like that but by pure accident of birthplace people like me are spoiled rotten with some of the best & quietest driving roads on our doorstep in the UK, so you get used to it.
We drive from Perth(ish) to deepest Kent (near Appledore) to my SiL about twice a year. From somewhere just South of Preston, it is solid, slow moving traffic all the way to the M6Toll, where it speeds up, just in time to return to solid slow moving traffic all the way to Luton, when the real trouble starts.
I’m sure I don’t need to describe the circle of hell that is the M25.

"If ye put yer haund up again, Lassie..... ye'll find is Gruesome more....!"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Quite honestly, a total grid lock can happen up here sometimes, but invariably it will be the result of isolated incidents which will happen anywhere. Since our motorways have been improved it's a dawdle getting to either Glasgow or Edinburgh in around 20/25 minutes if you time it right from where we live being equidistant.

SWMBO & I have vivid recall of picking up our son years back from his RMP Pass out, and getting stuck on the M25 for.......6 hours. Thankfully we had emptied our bladders before leaving. Eventually we checked into a Motel when we got to a ramp-off. I cannot recall exactly where now, but we decided to bed down for the night and leave early next morning, having cases packed anyway for the previous 2 day's journey...fortunately.
Big extra expense given we had hired a diesel oiler plus accommodation so that didn't work out!
According to a guy in the Bimmer beside us, this was fairly normal. Hard to absorb, but that was his turf and perhaps he should have known better but all it takes is a minor incident at the wrong hour, and you are screwed for hours apparently. He had run out of water, we had plenty, so SWMBO passed a couple of bottles over to him. Despite driving a BMW Z4 he was a really nice fellow.;)

I guess if you are born to it you just live with it, but I simply could not live like that. By pure accident of birthplace people like me are spoiled rotten with some of the best & quietest driving roads on our doorstep in the UK, so you get used to it.
Toilets for motorists stuck at roadworks

Latest Threads