Scotland yard to investigate MPs at last

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Jun 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC have just stated this on the 1800hrs news

2. Don't get your hopes up.

3. 'They might be investigated but they wont be prosecuted thats for sure!

4. It did make me smile though
    It won't come to anything, the investigation is being by the same unit that very carefully made sure no charges arose from cash for questions.
    At best it is an atempt by Gordon to draw a line under expenses, after all they will have to wait for the outcome of Police investigations blah blah blah

5. possibly a couple of sacrificial lambs to be thrown to the baying crowds, but i really can't see it going anywhere and it still leads widespread fraud beig ignored. at the very least there has been widespread 'misconduct in public office' but nothing will come of any of that.

6. lets hope some of these money grabbing cnuts get to see the inside of a 6 x 8 for a few years!!

7. In breaking news, Hazel Blears will be starring in the next series of Bad Girls.

8. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

... but it is a start.

9. I can't see how those who claimed for phantom mortgages can fail to be prosecuted, those who flipped their houses I'm not so sure about.

10. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Whet

I agree. If a mortgage is paid then the person should know that its paid and if they didnt, then they should. Its not sufficient to just claim that they didnt know it was paid yet took the trouble to ensure that the expesnses claim went in signed and detailed. Its fraud and I dont care which party they belong to they should be investigated and charged if there is enough evidence to reasonably expect a conviction.

Incidentally, if the MP's own private investigations squad dont charge anyone, considering how much evidence is now publicly available, would they be investigated for perverting the course of justice? Just a thought.

11. Wot like these...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If the Met want to carry out a bit more robust form of questioning, such as water-boarding, but don't want to be called in front of the Police Complaints lot, then I volunteer my services as State Torturer of MPs. I don't have much experience in torture but I am sure that, given the subject matter, I could learn.

I may be looking for a couple of Assistant Torturers. Apply within.

13. HOO, BLOODY HOORAY!

The MPs will of course only be those that 'Stalin' Brown determines should be investigated.

Whatever, excepting a couple of Tories and a LibDem, they, the 'New Labour' MPs, will be cleared of any 'naughty' activity.

The Metropolitan Police Farce will 'play the game' and say:

"Nothing to answer for here Sir, except that Tory bastard over there and that Lib Dem 'poofter' over there".

This government is now so broken, dishonest and corrupt, that if the clown Brown told me his surname was 'Brown', I would NOT believe him.

14. As has already been said those who 'invented' mortgages or who forgot that the most significant financial event in their lives had occurred should be prosecuted. Isn't it funny how none of them had forgotten that they had started a mortgage? They committed fraud and should be brought to book for that. Flipping and any claims made within the green book are not illegal by virtue of being permitted by the rules in place at the time, no matter how immoral and self-serving they were.