Scotland v France 6 Nations?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Gundulph, Feb 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have an Online Radio Link to listen to the match abroad?

Thanks in Advance for any help...

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Unless your are a Froggie then thank your stars that you did not get to listen to this.

I hate to say it but Scotland were Keerap. France totally dominated and were IMO the most impressive team this weekend - notwithstanding the Welsh comeback in the 2nd half yesterday.

On performance (not score) this weekend I would put the teams in this order:

France
    Wales
    Italy (gave the Irish a good run for their money even if they lost)
    Ireland
    England
    Scotland

3. Christ AY I haven't seen of heard the game. Was it that bad?

4. now i'm as proud to be welsh as the next mun-woman, but seriously...Wales in second! It'd be well lush but i can't see it 'appnin' butt

5. Auld-Yin

Yep. :oops:

Really took the shine off the Welsh tupping the English. :evil:

6. Auld-Yin

Mun-Woman, I was talking about performance THIS weekend, not the outcome of the 6 Nations.

7. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

i felt sorry for the scots ... didn't look that bad in the beginning :oops:

8. When they were introduced to HRH Princess Royal. After that it was all downhill!
    My theory is that Scotland have been playing sh**t rugby since they started wearing gay strips that look like they were designed by Jean Paul Gautier. Get them back into the plain navy blue tops/white shorts/navy blue socks that they used to wear before Jason White starts looking like David Beckham.

9. Not a radio link, but try this Clickety click

Will keep looking for the full game, (got nowt else to do at work!)

F_G

Edited to add

Next W/E's games online.

10. Hear Hear RM, bit of woad on their faces and blankets across the shoulder. A stirring speech about freedom rather than a silly song about a boy called Edward (who never went homewards anyway!!)

11. I never liked the song anyway. As my first RSM said "Its a sh*t song written by the Corries - a communist folk duo who wrote it when they were drunk"

In terms of the strip I think that England suffer from the same problem as Scotland. It does look like the sort of thing that Ron Davies (you remember the old Welsh Secretary who "was on the other bus") used to wear when he was looking for company on Clapham Common or Badger watching at that service station on the M4.

12. Well I am afraid that the English side were simply appalling. There can be no possible excuse for that debacle. I agree that we should revert to our plain shirts. White, Blue, Red, Green, (And let the continental chaps fight about whether to wear Orange, Pink or Purple)

13. What is the difference between Big Frank Hadden and a flasher?

A flasher makes obscene displays in parks, while Big Frank uses Parks in his obscene displays.

At the risk of sounding like Alan Hansen, Scotland were absolutely fecking disastrous on Sunday - with only one player looking like he knew what he was about - Mossy. Who Frank kept on the bench for some bizarre reason best know to himself. Idiot.

The terrible thing is I was there on Sunday but worse still I'm off to the Millenium on Saturday...oh you truly do not follow Scottish rugby for the glory...

14. I'm just not sure what Frank Hadden's game plan is. He talks about an expansive game all the time, but the team does not play that way (and have not since he has been in the chair). The backs are pedestrian and predictable in attack - they almost always pass to a stationary player which means that there is no pace being injected. This means that we are effectively going backwards as we are contesting breakdowns often 10-15m behind the line of the previous breakdown. We have no imagination and therefore do not threaten in our attacks, just look at how much ball and territory we had against Wales last year and still couldn’t score a try.
    The kicking game of Dan Parks is fine if you have a pack dominant in all aspects of forward play (like the England pack of 2003) or is able to win opposition lineouts (like Scott Murray used to do, particularly against Wales). We don't have this ability at the moment and kicking the ball away just puts us under pressure when you have opposition players like the French back three, indeed the Wales and England back three as well, able to run back at you.
    Another issue is the use of big backs to break through opposition defence. I noticed that Henderson, Walker etc seemed to slow down almost to walking pace as they approached the line of tacklers. Presumably they have been instructed to do this for Health & Safety reasons so that they don't hurt either themselves or the tackler?! Pity it means that you lose momentum and impact by the use of this sort of prehistoric Rugby League tactic. I never saw Jonah Lomu slow down as he crashed into/ran through opponents.
    Sadly FH will persist with his approach and therefore selections and excuses. Oh how Italy must be licking there lips at the thought of us going to Rome.

15. Stand fast Scotland and Wop (oops) the Italians after you have destroyed the Ospreys.