Scotland v England Football Friendly

BFBS is reporting that England manager Roy Hodgson has apologised to the Scottish FA because some England fans were singing anti IRA songs during the game last night.

Why?

They're Scots, not Northern Irish. The IRA has nothing to do with Scotland. In any case it's a banned terrorist organisation. What's wrong with singing songs against it?

Would he apologise if they had sung anti IS songs? Anti Boko Haram?

Obviously I'm aware of sympathies held amongst certain football fans from Glasgow, but so effing what. Does the England manager really need to apologise to them if fans sing anti IRA songs?

2/51

LE
I guess it depends whether there were any pro IRA songs being sung. If you just start chanting anti IRA songs for the sake of it I guess it's a bit antagonistic.

He didn't apologise. He said the FA can apologise if they see fit but he isn't going to!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Any way back to the football, if any one is interested Scotland 1 - England 3.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And Hodgson is quite right, how on earth can he stop the crowd chanting anything.

Mind you, there would probably have been a few confused Rangers supporters there who went to Celtic Park and found they were supposed to cheer on the Home Team! :eek:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Any way back to the football, if any one is interested Scotland 1 - England 3.
Indeed! Scotland were beaten by the better team on the night, simple as. I must say Rooney is continuing into surprise me and seems to be doing a fair job as Captain.

I rember when working in Prestwick a mate took me to Parkhead to watch Celtic and before the game we went into the barrowlands for a greasy spoon then to some of the more colorful (well dingy little shithole) anti English pro-Ira bars.

It wasn't quite the right place to break into a "no surrender to the IRA" chant, but I ******* wanted to, the Fenian scum songs they were playing and posters and flags, an experience non the less.

But yeah, I watched an enjoyable game of footy, got pretty pissed and ended up on the Sky Sports advert for the Premier Leage a year later as the 4 jocks in front all had their shirts off in the middle of winter and Sky used that shot in the U2 Beautiful Day era I think.

Can't remember the name of the 50% proof, red, aniseed spirit we drank copious amounts of..

Does the England manager really need to apologise to them if fans sing anti IRA songs?
They've (The cnuts at the FA) been moaning about England fans singing that song for years.
Remember before the World Cup in Germany? The same cnuts at the FA were appealing for the fans not to sing "10 German Bombers". Well the word obviously never reached the pub that I was watching it in Dulwich.
Hodgepot and the cnuts at the FA (do you see a link here) can all kiss my arrse.
all together now:
Keep St. George in my heart...

Indeed! Scotland were beaten by the better team on the night, simple as. I must say Rooney is continuing into surprise me and seems to be doing a fair job as Captain.

But he will always be remembered as a player who couldn't perform on the biggest stage!

3 World Cups and 1 goal. That is pretty poor!

Chanting.... still better than the Croatians fans trying to immolate themselves..... and they wonder why they can't fill stadiums.

I rember when working in Prestwick a mate took me to Parkhead to watch Celtic and before the game we went into the barrowlands for a greasy spoon then to some of the more colorful (well dingy little shithole) anti English pro-Ira bars.

It wasn't quite the right place to break into a "no surrender to the IRA" chant, but I ******* wanted to, the Fenian scum songs they were playing and posters and flags, an experience non the less.

But yeah, I watched an enjoyable game of footy, got pretty pissed and ended up on the Sky Sports advert for the Premier Leage a year later as the 4 jocks in front all had their shirts off in the middle of winter and Sky used that shot in the U2 Beautiful Day era I think.

Can't remember the name of the 50% proof, red, aniseed spirit we drank copious amounts of..

I went into an "Orish" bar in Cricklewood in the 70's, a box was going round collecting for "the Boys", when I found out it was for the Army, I put a fiver in as I said "I didn't know the British Army was that strapped for cash".

Alex salmon, mel gibson, wee jimmy krankie are you listening? Your boys took one hell of a beating etc......

After shock?

More worryingly (for my domestic bliss) Romania beat Denmark. SWMBO will be wearing the horned helmet for a few days now. That I'm not Romanian, matters not one jot.

Mind you, there would probably have been a few confused Rangers supporters there who went to Celtic Park and found they were supposed to cheer on the Home Team! :eek:

Curious and vaguely serious hat on here - whilst I understand the sectarian identities surrounding Celtic & Rangers, I had always assumed Rangers fans would support Scotland? Is this not the case?

Curious and vaguely serious hat on here - whilst I understand the sectarian identities surrounding Celtic & Rangers, I had always assumed Rangers fans would support Scotland? Is this not the case?
Psst it was at Celtic Park

Given that Scotland's captain last night was Scott Brown, of the Tattie Munchers, it wouldn't surprise me if some Rangers fans had dug out the White shirt for last night. That said, I guess a fair few Celtic fans were wearing their ROI tops last week.

I'm Scottish and I'm fucked if I can understand it half the time.

Given that Scotland's captain last night was Scott Brown, of the Tattie Munchers, it wouldn't surprise me if some Rangers fans had dug out the White shirt for last night. That said, I guess a fair few Celtic fans were wearing their ROI tops last week.

I'm Scottish and I'm fucked if I can understand it half the time.

Watch out mate, the FA will be demanding an apology!

Latest Threads