Scotland v Argentina

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by johnboyzzz, Nov 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 3 changes for this weekends AI against Argentina

Out go Morrison, Danielli and Barclay in comes Cairns, Evans and MacDonald

Scotland team: R Lamont, S Lamont, B Cairns, A Grove, T Evans, P Godman, C Cusiter (captain); Allan Jacobsen, Ross Ford, Moray Low, Nathan Hines, Alastair Kellock, Alasdair Strokosch, A MacDonald, J Beattie.
    Replacements: D Hall, K Traynor, J White, R Vernon, R Lawson, C Paterson, N De Luca.
  2. It will, of course, be a very hard game. But after Saturday, we do not need to fear ANY team.

Respect them yes, but the Pumas are still there to be beaten. :D
  3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bit of speed in attack should be nice. Pumas are missing a few key players but stood up to the Welsh attack, the Welsh tries were a bit jammy. The pumas showed they were not afraid to run with the ball.
    Should be a good match, shame I've got to drive North from Murrayfield afterwards, now they're lifted the drinks ban.
  4. The Welsh shouldn't really have won, at least two of their tries shouldn't have been allowed (1st - the Ref had warned the skipper and as Ref myself time is to be allowed for him to address his team, and the 3rd - there was a late hit on the No 8). Scotland have been great on occasions in the past at pulling out one-off wins but less so at stringing them together, less the one championship win in the last 20 years. Let's not forget the losses to Italy and the regular wooden spoon play-off. I hope they've turned the corner, as long as they don't beat England (too often), not least for Robinson's sake as he had a rough time with England.

The Scottish back-row need to be on top form on Saturday, if so I predict 2 or 3 Scottish tries to 1 by the Argies, should be the best game of the weekend imo.