• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Scotland v All Blacks 23/9/07

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#1
OK time for some speculation.

I predict that the ABs will win (not hard to come to that decision) but that they will win by less than 20 points.

Any takers?

A-Y
 
#2
Hard game to win but the way Scotland have improved over the world cup they should at least put a few points on the board. This is the first and only test NZ have come across in their pool.

Come on the Scotts

I'm English BTW but will support any northern hemisphere team (except France) against the anti-podeans

JJ

:eek:
 
#3
Don't think Hadden's squad has the necessary penetration to trouble the try count, but with Mossie at 10 there should be at least points on the board!!

Hopefully Cuister manages longer on the pitch than he normally does when he's starting! Although I'd to see Rory Lawson come on and score a match wining try for his grand dad!! :clap:
 
#4
johnojohnson said:
Hard game to win but the way Scotland have improved over the world cup they should at least put a few points on the board. This is the first and only test NZ have come across in their pool.

Come on the Scotts

I'm English BTW but will support any northern hemisphere team (except France) against the anti-podeans

JJ

:eek:
No one likes the cheese eating surrender monkeys!!!

And as a Scot (note one t) I did support England when I was at the last RWC final. PLease don't let me regret it and do a 66!!
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#5
Come on then - none of you jock baiters wanting to make a prediction? 8) :twisted:
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#8
Right I am off out to get warmed up for the game - a few pints of foamy stuff then settle down to some serious drinking. Wonder if I am working tomorrow?

See y'all later.

A-Y
 
#11
Scotland are getting killed at the Scrum.

No base of scrum, no useful ball. They're going to get mullered.

Prae
 
#13
Why arn't NZ playing in black? The away strip actually makes it harder to tell the difference!
 
#16
Howlett Man of the match ?
 
#17
Very boring game, made worse by the fact that they wern't wearing their traditional colours.
 
#18
So then A-Y

Scotland did well didn't they, come on give us some quotes of brave defence, second XV, etc.

Thoroughly beaten in the scrum, if AB had less handling mistakes and Dan Carter kicked on target, 80 +.

Top quote by Scotlands coach NZ scrum not as good as Italy? Perhaps this was a ploy. :oops:
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#19
stinker said:
So then A-Y

Scotland did well didn't they, come on give us some quotes of brave defence, second XV, etc.

Thoroughly beaten in the scrum, if AB had less handling mistakes and Dan Carter kicked on target, 80 +.

Top quote by Scotlands coach NZ scrum not as good as Italy? Perhaps this was a ploy. :oops:
We were stuffed by a hugely superior team. If a team spends 95% of the game in someone's 22 metre area then only that team can win.

ABs were outstanding, and I don't think they were playing at 100%.

There can be only one reason - no excuse - the better team won, emphatically.

Still there is no shame in being beaten by the team who will win the competition.
 

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
#20
Auld-Yin said:
stinker said:
So then A-Y

Scotland did well didn't they, come on give us some quotes of brave defence, second XV, etc.

Thoroughly beaten in the scrum, if AB had less handling mistakes and Dan Carter kicked on target, 80 +.

Top quote by Scotlands coach NZ scrum not as good as Italy? Perhaps this was a ploy. :oops:
We were stuffed by a hugely superior team. If a team spends 95% of the game in someone's 22 metre area then only that team can win.

ABs were outstanding, and I don't think they were playing at 100%.

There can be only one reason - no excuse - the better team won, emphatically.

Still there is no shame in being beaten by the team who will win the competition.
South Africa?
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Top