Scotland to Ireland bridge

Why do we need a bridge that us mug English taxpayers will have to pay for?
By the time that it's finished, Scotchland will be an 'independent' outpost of the EU. And Ireland will be reunited.
Boris should scrap the idea, and invest it elsewhere.

A wind turbine on every lamp-post - the bridge will pay for itself!
Why? Because we have just closed the Queensferry crossing due to falling debris, due to what a spokesgob this morning said was unique circumstances regarding the weather conditions. So unique in fact, that it was closed last year for the exact same reason. So we can reasonably expect that uniqueness to be repeated annually.
A neat solution. The wind turbines can generated the power to heat the cables and cable-stays to stop the accumulation of the ice under "unique circumstances" et voila.

Why do we need a bridge that us mug English taxpayers will have to pay for?
By the time that it's finished, Scotchland will be an 'independent' outpost of the EU. And Ireland will be reunited.
Boris should scrap the idea, and invest it elsewhere.
You would need to be asking shagger that. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I'm sure the expression "lasting legacy" will be in there somewhere. Much better than a statue that would just get a traffic cone placed on its head.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Why? Because we have just closed the Queensferry crossing due to falling debris, due to what a spokesgob this morning said was unique circumstances regarding the weather conditions. So unique in fact, that it was closed last year for the exact same reason. So we can reasonably expect that uniqueness to be repeated annually.
Problem was apparent last winter, committee met in spring to look at solutions.
Decided on ice sensors.
Only just at procurement stage now.

Genius! Does anyone know if shagger has phoned him yet? They could always share a spliff while they brainstorm the solution together.
No need to brainstorm. They’ve already got the technology; just get them to add it to their project list and Elon will make it so.

Their nice sideline in personal flamethrowers may be useful for deterring illegals too.

No idea. It’s just not boring!
Having a quick look at their site, it seems that they don't. They keep the cost down by making the tunnels small-bore - big enough for AEV shuttles. In which case, it's hard to see what the point would be. The majority of the traffic across the North Channel is HGVs.

Calimero

Swinger
Wouldn’t it be better to invest in the other ports and ferry services or add additional locations/services?

It’s just a ball ache to get there, where I work I look out on the Irish Sea, you can see the tip of Scotland near Stranraer but it’s a 2 and half hour journey to get there on the worst road ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blogg

LE
Problem was apparent last winter, committee met in spring to look at solutions.
Decided on ice sensors.
Only just at procurement stage now.
Hardly an unknown issue. Indeed an issue in Scotland this very morning per travel news.

But solutions? Err risk mitigation aka close de bridge

One "concept" is that of a submerged tunnel suspended from pontoons and anchored to sea bed.

Right. What could possibly go wrong?

Having a quick look at their site, it seems that they don't. They keep the cost down by making the tunnels small-bore - big enough for AEV shuttles. In which case, it's hard to see what the point would be. The majority of the traffic across the North Channel is HGVs.
Musk and The Boring Company have previous with things that are too big to fit into tunnels. Like his cave rescue pod.

Must be the dope.

Latest Threads