Scotland to charge Blair with war crimes?

#1
This is almost enough to make me want to become a pasty ginger kilt wearing presbyterian:

'Charge Blair with war crimes in Scotland'

By Auslan Cramb, Scottish Correspondent
Last Updated: 7:48pm BST 11/06/2007

A former Nationalist MP has called for Tony Blair to be charged in Scotland with war crimes.

The demand was made in a 10,000-word document compiled by Jim Sillars, and backed by his wife Margo MacDonald, an independent MSP.

It has been sent to Eilish Angiolini, the Lord Advocate, and claims that the Prime Minister should face two charges in connection with the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
advertisement

Mr Sillars said that legal experts had told him that the Prime Minister had a case to answer, even though similar attempts had failed south of the border.

He believes that the necessary powers to arrest and charge Mr Blair exist in Scotland, and has called on the Lord Advocate to investigate.

He added: “There can be no prosecution at the international criminal court because it doesn't have jurisdiction.

"There is no chance of a special court being established by the United Nations because Britain and the United States have the veto at the Security Council.

"There is no chance of a prosecution in England and Wales.

"But of course Scots law is an entirely different entity, an entirely different jurisdiction with different rules, procedures and instruments available to it.”

Mr Sillars claimed there was “overwhelming evidence” that Mr Blair was guilty of conspiracy to wage war.

The alleged evidence includes official memos, the memoirs of the weapons inspector Hans Blix, and research carried out in the US and the UK.

Speaking at a Holyrood press conference hosted by his wife, he said: “The Lord Advocate would have to give a very good explanation why, with the evidence presented, she didn't instigate an investigation because we have jurisdiction.”

Mr Sillars added that the timing of a new attempt by the Conservatives to force the Government to hold an inquiry into the war was a coincidence.

A spokesman for the Crown Office said: “We can confirm receipt of correspondence from Jim Sillars. This will be considered and a response will be issued in due course.”

Source
 
#3
Pot calling kettle black me thinks, as half of Scotland is in OUR Parliament anyway...Cheeky Barstewards, They can have Bliar and Brown and the rest for all I care
 

DangerMouse

Old-Salt
Moderator
#7
#8
An ex union leader and an Ex old school Labour types....no axe to Grind Eh?
all the strikes and all the lost jobs in the 70's and 80's.....never met a poor MP or MSP have you?
this only goes to show how stupid this new system is up here...

Great Idea break up the Union and make Scotland a third World country over night!

Or we can live by handouts by the EU!

and remember
"Mr Sillars said that legal experts had told him that the Prime Minister had a case to answer, even though similar attempts had failed south of the border"
pity his gang dont fight for the rights of his voters as well as S#it like this how much of the tax payer money did we waste this time......

yeh crack on paper tigers make an right arrse of Scotland!!!!

idiots...

fight for things you can achive.... 8O
 
#9
Oh yes it will happen. He will be the subject of an international arrest warrant and he will be arraigned before the ICC within weeks of his departure from Downing Street!

Stand by!
 
#10
The Law Lords rule today on whether Iraqi civvies should have been treated according to European human rights standards. Goldsmith instructed to the contrary. Political weasels should be nervous - this will unfold on a number of fronts.!
 
#11
Iolis said:
Oh yes it will happen. He will be the subject of an international arrest warrant and he will be arraigned before the ICC within weeks of his departure from Downing Street!

Stand by!
I think I love you.... So much so, that I'm going to print out multiple copies of your post and sellotape them to my nipples and other erogenous zones, then run around the street sans clothes shouting 'Cop this Tony, you murdering barsteward!' at the top of my voice.




Gosh! :oops: Did I just say that out loud?
For shame.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#12
Stonker said:
This is almost enough to make me want to become a pasty ginger kilt wearing presbyterian:

'Charge Blair with war crimes in Scotland'

By Auslan Cramb, Scottish Correspondent
Last Updated: 7:48pm BST 11/06/2007

A former Nationalist MP has called for Tony Blair to be charged in Scotland with war crimes.

The demand was made in a 10,000-word document compiled by Jim Sillars, and backed by his wife Margo MacDonald, an independent MSP.

It has been sent to Eilish Angiolini, the Lord Advocate, and claims that the Prime Minister should face two charges in connection with the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
advertisement

Mr Sillars said that legal experts had told him that the Prime Minister had a case to answer, even though similar attempts had failed south of the border.

He believes that the necessary powers to arrest and charge Mr Blair exist in Scotland, and has called on the Lord Advocate to investigate.

He added: “There can be no prosecution at the international criminal court because it doesn't have jurisdiction.

"There is no chance of a special court being established by the United Nations because Britain and the United States have the veto at the Security Council.

"There is no chance of a prosecution in England and Wales.

"But of course Scots law is an entirely different entity, an entirely different jurisdiction with different rules, procedures and instruments available to it.”

Mr Sillars claimed there was “overwhelming evidence” that Mr Blair was guilty of conspiracy to wage war.

The alleged evidence includes official memos, the memoirs of the weapons inspector Hans Blix, and research carried out in the US and the UK.

Speaking at a Holyrood press conference hosted by his wife, he said: “The Lord Advocate would have to give a very good explanation why, with the evidence presented, she didn't instigate an investigation because we have jurisdiction.”

Mr Sillars added that the timing of a new attempt by the Conservatives to force the Government to hold an inquiry into the war was a coincidence.

A spokesman for the Crown Office said: “We can confirm receipt of correspondence from Jim Sillars. This will be considered and a response will be issued in due course.”

Source
There's always room for one more.
 
#13
Biscuits_AB said:
Stonker said:
This is almost enough to make me want to become a pasty ginger kilt wearing presbyterian:

'Charge Blair with war crimes in Scotland'

By Auslan Cramb, Scottish Correspondent
Last Updated: 7:48pm BST 11/06/2007

A former Nationalist MP has called for Tony Blair to be charged in Scotland with war crimes.

The demand was made in a 10,000-word document compiled by Jim Sillars, and backed by his wife Margo MacDonald, an independent MSP.

It has been sent to Eilish Angiolini, the Lord Advocate, and claims that the Prime Minister should face two charges in connection with the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
advertisement

Mr Sillars said that legal experts had told him that the Prime Minister had a case to answer, even though similar attempts had failed south of the border.

He believes that the necessary powers to arrest and charge Mr Blair exist in Scotland, and has called on the Lord Advocate to investigate.

He added: “There can be no prosecution at the international criminal court because it doesn't have jurisdiction.

"There is no chance of a special court being established by the United Nations because Britain and the United States have the veto at the Security Council.

"There is no chance of a prosecution in England and Wales.

"But of course Scots law is an entirely different entity, an entirely different jurisdiction with different rules, procedures and instruments available to it.”

Mr Sillars claimed there was “overwhelming evidence” that Mr Blair was guilty of conspiracy to wage war.

The alleged evidence includes official memos, the memoirs of the weapons inspector Hans Blix, and research carried out in the US and the UK.

Speaking at a Holyrood press conference hosted by his wife, he said: “The Lord Advocate would have to give a very good explanation why, with the evidence presented, she didn't instigate an investigation because we have jurisdiction.”
Mr Sillars added that the timing of a new attempt by the Conservatives to force the Government to hold an inquiry into the war was a coincidence.

A spokesman for the Crown Office said: “We can confirm receipt of correspondence from Jim Sillars. This will be considered and a response will be issued in due course.”

Source
There's always room for one more.
She will! Pity :twisted:
 
#14
Chuffit said:
I think I love you.... So much so, that I'm going to print out multiple copies of your post and sellotape them to my nipples and other erogenous zones, then run around the street sans clothes shouting 'Cop this Tony, you murdering barsteward!' at the top of my voice.
Is that you Mr Eubank?
 
#15
Iolis said:
Oh yes it will happen. He will be the subject of an international arrest warrant and he will be arraigned before the ICC within weeks of his departure from Downing Street!

Stand by!
Iolis will the same go for G.Bush Esq too when he leaves the WH?
 
#16
Iolis said:
Oh yes it will happen. He will be the subject of an international arrest warrant and he will be arraigned before the ICC within weeks of his departure from Downing Street!

Stand by!
Iolis, what is it that you know, that I wished I knew? Are you able to see into the future?
 

Similar threads

Top