Scotland need a new Coach

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Fang_Farrier, Nov 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Quite right and I am surprised it has taken so long for this to happen.

IMHO Scotland's results over the past couple of seasons have not really reflected on their ability. Honestly we are not great, but equally we are not that bad (cue howls of derision from the guru et all :) ).

I just hope we can get a coach who imbues Scotland with the desire to get over the try line!

3. It was only a matter of time. I blame the players for the failure to carry out the plans that were worked on.

4. Fang_Farrier

There has always seemed to be a high basic error rate for players when they pull of a Blue Jersey for some reason, dropped passes, missed tackles etc.

Nothing that a coach can actually do anything about once they cross the whitewash onto the pitch.

Will be interesting to see who gets the post, suspect Townend is being groomed for post but too early for him, think plan would have been for him to take over after AR after next RWC.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lineen is available straight away, which IMO would be a mistake. Mallett is already being touted, another mistake.

6. Agreed. I think Robinson was a good Coach, let down by a mediocre Team. There is a limit to what any Coach can achieve. You could make Sir Alex Ferguson the new Scotland Manager(although it would have to be at gunpoint)and our Football team would still be shite.

In fairness, at least the Scottish Rugby Team manages to qualify for World Cups and even(very)occasionally beats world class teams. So they are far more successful than our Wendy Ball Team.

Which could make finding a replacement for Robinson difficult, as the position is something of a poison chalice at the moment.

7. Can't polish a turd.

And yes, I know you can roll it in glitter.

8. Harsh, but fair.

And now if you gentlemen will excuse me, since I've just found myself agreeing with the Guru, I'm off to take a long, hot bath. In bleach.:shock:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bugger, that's roughly what I intended to say, but you did it, quicker and better.

10. Plenty of experts on this site who could step in. Judging by some of the posts, there are a few who could take any team and build them into world beaters within a season. Look out, All Blacks, the Arrse Coaches are coming!

11. Fang_Farrier

What do you think we sell to tourists as deep fried mars bars!

12. Fang_Farrier

It is amazing to think that we have a team that can beat Pumas in Argentina, beat Australia home and away and the Boks (though not this time) and yet they have consistently failed to achive in the 6N

13. Fang_Farrier

Interesting listening to Gavin Hastings this morning, two good points raised, wlthough some big names being mentioned, would they really want the Scotland job and Scotland suffering due to lack of players as only two pro teams.

14. Apparently if he had been sacked it would have cost the SRU £900,000 in compo. He has agreed to a lower payout.

15. Isn't the ****** from Buchanan Bus Depot to London Victoria enough?

Bloody Jocks, want everything on a plate......