Scotland 9 - Australia 8

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by in_the_cheapseats, Nov 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Ya beauty! :D

Perhaps not the greatest of matches for open play but I've yet to see a better defensive performance.

Edinburgh is drunk tonight!

2. Crocodile Dundee...Rolf Harris...Dame Edna Everage...Paul Hogan...Germaine Greer...Mel"I hate Jews"Gibson - your Team took one HELL of a beating!!! :boogie: :dance: :headbang: :clap: :highfive:

Fantastic performance from the boys. Grit, muscle and determination beat a technically superior Australian team.

And well done to the Coach - this must be the only time an Englishman has cried tears of JOY at a Scottish victory! :D
  3. Almost as good as the Australian PM giving them the losers medals :D
  4. I switched it on after 25 minutes and was hooked. A brilliant match and was very impressed at the Scottish defence. Well done Scotland! Just wish England could take a leaf out of your book!
  5. Wish I was in London to see the illegal immigrants in Earls Coart spitting their dummies out.
  6. Well done the sweaties, the Aussies don't like it up 'em. The jocks have had some famous victories 9 to something (less than 9), must be their lucky score.

Shame England couldn't do it and Ireland were plain unlucky.
  7. Woohoo just got back from the game :clap: :clap: :cheers: awesome defence we never had the chance to attack properly but great dropdoal from Mossy move over Jonny Wilkinson :p
  8. I was a bit of a younger lad in 1983 when Scotland in the previous 5 nations won the wooden spoon. In the Nov games Scotland drew with New Zealand 9 - 9, Wonderful day! We then went on to win the Grand Slam the next season first time since the 1925.

This performance had it all team spirit, grit, hits and luck. I do feel we could take this forward to the next Six Nations. I am so glad we went with Andy Robinson option just so looking forward to the next calcutta cup match makes the thriller in Manilla a kindergarden scuffle. :D
  9. caught the last 10 mins, not an egg-chasing fan BUT well done lads, shame that maurrayfield was not at capacity
  10. Tinfoil Hat on...9 is, of course, 3 x 3. And 3 was a sacred number to the Celts. 9 Was the sacred number of the Norse(9 worlds, Odin hung from Yggdrasill the World Tree for 9 days and nights etc). And a group of 9 men were the first Knights Templar...

Please excuse me as I am very drunk! :D :oops:
  11. Great score - all the things we can do despite the odds! Great game - particularly a great defensive game.

Now onto the brandy, never a good sign....

Well done all.

p.s. shame all the news sites have the England v whoever game as the lead
  12. Awa' the Jocks
  13. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Seem to remember it was 25-25. I was at the blue end and watched the snarling might of the tich, Jim Renwick bringing down his opposite number in amazement.

Although I may be wrong in the score (alcohol was consumed after all! :D ), I do remember I was there though. Took a dizzy blonde to the match who was very enthusiastic in the post match activities .........

Damn sure I remember that! :wink:
  14. I was on the edge of my seat at the end. Feckin kissballer told me to calm down!!!! :p
    Brilliant match, chuffed to bits and if Scotland carry on like that Im really looking forward to the next 6 nations. My poor mother might have a lodger for any home matches :lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Well played the jocks. Cracking defending. With the Irish and Welsh playing some decent rugby and Scotland improving recently where does this leave the English come the 6 nations?