• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Scotch Eggs.

Help! I need advice, I am teaching Chef minor to make Scotch eggs, no probs there, but Mrs Chef wants some to be baked rather than deep fried, as she wants the healthy option.

I have heard of this strange practice, but never tried it myself.

What timings and temps should I be looking at?

Probably worth doing the same as you'd do meatballs, or a little less time in the oven as the centre is already cooked. May even be worth doing them in a roasting tin and making a sauce with the juices.

Mrs Nig bakes them in a baking dish, fanforced oven 180" for 25 mins, she uses fine pork mince instead of sausage meat, varies the seasoning , try adding parmesan cheese to the meat, a great cold snack !!

Got the mind working now. Scotch egg with a dollop of ketchup and wrapped in bread dough, baked for 20 minutes or so. That should do the trick. Bung a couple of those in your lunch pail with a bottle of Nuclear Broon and you're good to go.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
you could baste the eggs to make them crispy :)

they are tastier fried I have to agree, an addition of black pudding to the mix does work after a fashion as does fine chopped onion

Latest Threads