Scot 2 face charge 4 complaining re being ordered 2 support

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Jun 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Apologies for the crap subject header but its hard to fit anything in that made sense.

This was reported on BFBS earlier, but I cannot find a link.

A Scot sailor in the RN e-mailed a whinge to his wife because he was ordered to take part in an 'England Expects' line up on the deck of his boat. Apparantly he said he would rather cut off a limb than support the Auld Enemy.

His wife leaked the story to the press and the Portsmouth Argus (or whatever) printed it b4 the Scum had a chance to. Apparently his CO is considering disciplinary procedures.

What part of a servicemans military duties require him to support another countries soccer team?

I know that the English forget about the rest of us until they need digging out of the sh1t, but this is definitly a case where the Capt should have invited the non-English members of the crew to step aside if they so desired.
  2. The CO made a bit of a balls up it would seem. But is it too much effort to support each other? We are all British are we not?
  3. Orders is orders my boy!
  4. Do you think perhaps he may be disciplined for blabing to the press, more than lining up for a parade?
    Anyway, the England/Scotland banter is going on on several different threads. I actually think its funny and feel quite pleased that you all want us to loose. If we go on and win it we can drone on for another 40 years and your chips will just have to get bigger
  5. On board Nelson's 828-crew HMS Victory, they came from the UK, West Indies, America, Holland, Italy, France, Malta and Ireland.

Of the 18,000 at Trafalgar, 4,000 - almost a quarter - were Irish.

Link here

Apparently there were 18 different nationalities represented on HMS Victory.

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty"

It was at the very least a British fleet.
  6. He never blabbed to the press his wife did! in my eyes he's done nothing wrong and his CO is being a tw@t hope he elcects to go for CM and before anyone says it you've all came in from work and whinged to your wife about joe bloggs or sh1te job you've got/getting and if the foot was on the other boot I'd still give the same response.

Drain sniffer that aint gonny happen mate........semi's if your Lucky I suspect Brazil will win it again
  7. Can non-English men join the Coldstream Guards?
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Going by the report the guy obeyed the orders- even though he did not like them. He has every right to whinge to his doris, that's what they are there for after all, innit? If she then decides to take the matter up with her local rag then what has the CO got to charge the guy with? However, even if he is not charged or the RN equivalent of AGAI, then his CR at the end of the year could probably be sheeite.
  9. Link here

Might answer the question.
  10. So non-English men can join a traditionally English regiment then?
  11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Whats joining an English regiment got to do with it - this guy is in the British Royal Navy - not the English Navy - had he elected to join an English Regt then it would be fair enough to ask him to play along, but he didn't.

Whats the crew of Nelson's boat got to do with it?
  12. I would have been jailed. No way i would have took part in that
  13. Was at HMS Victory yesterday, it creased me up there were several froggies onboard fighting their own (and they flog French crap.... er..crepes from a caravan beside it! Enough for Nelson to poke his other eye out, let alone the scruffy bunch of matelots who couldn't even mince in step together, let alone 'walk' with some Navel 'bearing'. Senior Service my ARRSE!
  14. Is it f_ucking Britain fielding a team?
  15. Well no it isn't because the Jocks wouldn't even turn up to the talks about forming a British team.

Oh and the Welsh.