Scorpion tank.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The Botswanans, Micks and Philipines still use them, I thinks some are still used at BATUS for training purposes: British Company Repaircraft PLC bought a job lot and set about a an upgrade program called Scorpion 2000 for Peacekeeping roles

http://www.repaircraft.co.uk/

There was also a lot of problems with people getting chest complaints. I know there was a system where if you did one gun camp on them and went sick once in three years after that there was an automatic payout (Think about £2,000) for it.

Yea - but only for 200m

(and the joy of the chase from the ASM for facking up one of his barrels..)
Yes, maybe it would have been better firing a blank round and filling the barrel with compo boiled sweets ;-)

Out of interest HE117 What exactly was the 'de-copperising' round?

heres a go,
fox turret, scorpion hull = sabre,
due to asbestos matt in 76mm round and no turret ventalation = bad chest,

hang me high if iam wrong

heres a go,
fox turret, scorpion hull = sabre,
due to asbestos matt in 76mm round and no turret ventalation = bad chest,

hang me high if iam wrong
p.s also problems with exfoliation, of alu-alloy, due to water ,i.e over washing with high pressure water jets, and water getting into bottom of hull, alumin. turns powdery whem left in a wet condition,

p.s also problems with exfoliation, of alu-alloy, due to water ,i.e over washing with high pressure water jets, and water getting into bottom of hull, alumin. turns powdery whem left in a wet condition,
Bollocks, or perhaps I should stop using all those ali cooking pans?

What exactly was the 'de-copperising' round?
Large calibre ammunition use copper in the driving bands to engage in the barrel rifling to provide spin on the projectile. Some of the copper adheres to the rifling when the projectile is fired. More builds up after each round, and affects ballistics / gun pressures, so every so often a decoppering round has to be fired. The projectile can be the same, but a decoppering agent (metallic lead is commonly used) is added to the propelling charge. The lead causes the copper to become brittle, and the propelling gases / next round sweeps the copper out of the barrel. Many charges of more modern design include decoppering agents within the build and the barrel is cleaned after every round.

A de-coppering round as I remember it was a completely separate round with a different projectile, some weird shade of green IIRC a different drive band, at least that's how we used it.

leave them damp, see what happens,, ally gets a white powder like, covering..................................
You might want to re-visit your chemistry GCSE:

"Aluminum's appearance is dulled and its reactivity is passivated by a film of aluminum oxide that naturally forms on the surface of the metal under normal conditions. The oxide film results in a material that resists corrosion. The film can be thickened using electrolysis or oxidizing agents and aluminum in this form will resist attack by dilute acids, dilute alkalis and concentrated nitric acid. "

Latest Threads