Scope in BA (Honours) in leadership and management

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by HFHCDR, Apr 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good mor to all,
    I am currently working at to get BA (hor) in leadership and mangement can anyone tell what level of job i will be eligible on civi street because i will be out from Army in next 4 yrs, and if everything going well i will finished this on next year oct.Thank you very much.
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Clearly nothing that involves an understanding of irony..... :)
  3. Hi ,
    Do you mean , you didn't understand what i try to say?
  4. well if its the same as all the students who are getting degree's these days Mcdonalds will be crying out for you
  5. by that i mean degree's don't seem to mean much these days which i think is quite sad.
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well Hitler was also an ex-full screw, so there is plenty of scope.......he could articulate himself in his native language though :D
  7. Will the next 4 years see you complete a 22year engagement?
    In any event YOU need to decide what YOU want to do. Leadership and management are required (although not always present) in any walk of life from
    Jobs in multinationals to running a local charity shop. Having a degree is still a good plus for getting interviews, that is, in the pre-sort your CV will go into ‘lets have a look’ pile whilst those with no degree will probably not get an interview. Depends on the level of job of course which was the main thrust of your question. If you are a time served Warrant Officer you can offer man-management skills (or person management if you prefer) and all the other ‘hand on’ skills acquired in looking after soldiers, accommodation, equipment, expensive stores, organising etc etc. In fact a wealth of skills and a positive can do attitude which IF you sell yourself properly can greatly assist in landing the job YOU want. Another strand of thought is to consider the specifics of whatever branch or trade you are in – do these translate in any way to a civilian role? However you are asking the question in good time and preparing for the difficult transition to civvy life. Start looking in trade papers and at job ads to try and find an area and then a specific type of job that interests you. Good luck in your search for a satisfying and rewarding job in civvy strasse and good luck also with your degree studies.
  8. Thank you for your view and advice, really touch me.
  9. Have you thought about emailing Joanna Lumley? I hear she looks out for you guys.