Scientology ad

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Kaye, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear Arrse,

While reading Jumpin'Jarheads string on why he's a Christian (In the Intel Cell board) I noticed an ad at the bottom of the page.
    This one was from the Scientology 'Church'. I don't mind ads; I like them, they're good for the site and that's good enough for me. But Scientology?

I'd appreciate it if you could make sure that no ads for organisations like Scientology; the Islamic Jihad; Al Qaeda and the Albanian Pyramid Game would be part of the Arrse site.

2. What if I happened to like Scientology (I don't BTW). Who the fcuk are you to oppress my right to see ads that I may like?!!

Rub your grid in a puss-ridden anoooos of a cat will you.
  3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Why not exactly?

I find the notion that the World was created by aliens, and that we should follow the teachings of a science fiction writer just as palatable as the notion that the World was created by an invisible beardy man, and that we should follow the teachings of his immortal son.

Anyway Google chooses the ads not Arrse.
  4. i'd love to have a scientology ad
    i've had maximuscle for the last three sodding days!
  5. I think that the ads are picked up automatically by the software system depending on words found in the thread. As you have started a thread on Scientology see if you can guess what the ads will be… 8O

Besides, have a little more confidence in what you believe or don’t believe. I got to Scientology level 3 before being killed by a dragon and had to start again.
  6. On the bottom of a gay spank site?
  7. Ravers

Actually while we are on the subject of promoting religion, can someone in head office please arrange for an ad to appear for my personal faith:
  8. How do you know he was wearing an invisible beard? Perhaps he was clean-shaven.
  9. That's me converted :D wherever do you find them ravers?
  10. Pipe down will you, Smudge. I asked a reasonable question and do not expect plebs like you to open up like that.

By the way, Scientology isn't a religion at all. It's a pyramid game dressed up like one. You don't see the Cosa Nostra or Chinese Triads advertising, so why Hubbards fanclub? I prefer Heinlein anyway.

As for the other posters; thanks for your responses. I understand Google picks the ads and not the OC's. So a discussion on religion draws religious ads.
  11. And which minor public school did you attend, then?
  12. I think I might have to wait until I get home to touch that link :x but knowing Ravers taste it is bound to be a goodie.

Ads don't bother me at all some a are quite humorous, apart from the dating ones that keep popping up........ oh that is a different site :D
  13. I dont think id mind a scientology ad, especially since ive had nothing but adevrts telling me to work in a naffi bar for a good two weeks now.
  14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

For out and out nutters - but in a 'serious' religion then look no further than this bunch:

1. Led by a nutcase? - Check
    2. Said nutcase made lots of cash from it? - Check
    3. Lots of totty involved? - Check. See:

Best Advice EVER to Tiger Woods:
    MONTREAL - French guru Claude Vorilhon, alias Rael, advised golf superstar Tiger Woods in an open letter on Thursday to divorce his wife and embrace multiple sexual partners.
    "Adultery is not mental disease but a very normal behavior among both humans and animals," said the leader of the atheist Raelian Movement, whose followers believe life on earth was created by extra-terrestrials.
    "I encourage you to explore what more and more people are calling 'polyamory,' which means loving many people simultaneously and with no jealousy," he said.
    Alluding to Woods's televised apology last week for his extramarital dalliances, Vorilhon urged the golfer to "stop making his life a model of guilt, sadness and conformism to antiquated Judeo-Christian values."
    This, he said, sets a bad example for the younger generation.

All that, plus Flying Saucers, and Orgies too. Pity it's led by a Frog, which sadly ruins it for me.
  15. Ravers

We are everywhere, just look for the pirates brother. 8)