Scientists flock to test free energy discovery

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Synergy, Aug 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst i am normally sceptical of these outrageous claims (at least until they are peer-reviewed by the broader scientific community), this guy does seem to be sure enough of his discovery to ask for it to be reviewed.

Best of luck to him, but i'm not holding my breath... 8O

2. hope he patented it first, then he could make a fortune selling it and then it, erm, wouldn't be free....

The western nations will find an excuse to pull the troops out of the oil fields and invade Dublin instead....hang, there's an idea :twisted:

3. Someone will figure out a way to impose a 75% tax on it!

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

First thought that springs to mind is that electricity produces an electromagnetic field, so we know that there is a relationship between the two. That the possibility exists that the street is not one way, sure, why not. The fact he has opened it up to reproduction with his scientific peers makes me think that there is more to it than a mere practical joke.

5. And Cold Fusion is just around the corner.....or not.

6. Hmmm..... sounds like it will be in Keith Tutts next book...

Read 'The Scientist, the Madman, the Thief and their Lightbulb' and put on a tinfoil hat :) Intresting book if you can stick with it.

7. If there's any danger of it being true and I were this bloke.

I'd be in hiding.

8. We use magnets to create electricity anyway, so there's nothing new there.

T C

9. Come on REME greenies, does it work or what?

10. King George might have just discovered the First Irish Terroist, the man who killed Big Oil.
    john
    Sounds nice idea but sumfing for noffing nay wrong sorry.

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Neither the linked articles nor anything I've been able to glean from a search on Mr McCarthy give an indication of how this idea works.

Mechanical motion from EMF has long been used, (electric drills, Scalextric cars and Black Mamba marital aids,) as have the counterparts in electromagnets and gennys.

If there were some sort of explanation of the theory behind this it might hold a little more weight, but the article as it stands is so vague as to render it inconsequential comment.

Heinlein had it right, "There aint no such thing as a free lunch."

12. Even if it works the Oil companies will block it until we believe that only the oil god lives.................

13. With apologies to Arthur Eddington:

"If someone points out to you that your pet theory of the universe is in disagreement with Maxwell's equations, then so much the worse for Maxwell's equations. And if your theory contradicts the facts, well, sometimes these experimentalists make mistakes. But if your theory is found to be against the First Law of Thermodynamics, I can give you no hope; there is nothing for it but to collapse in deepest humiliation"

Pay_Mistri