Scientists develop 'dry water'

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DesktopCommando, Aug 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good for making multi-purpose fire extinguishers, too. :-D

2. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

"Hopefully, we may see dry water making waves in the future."????? Cheesy quote of the week

Cmon, surely someone must think that all you need to do to recognise this is...just add water...?

I'm off.

3. Could be the greatest thing since my great uncle invented a universal solvent that worked! :wink:

No.9

4. Still no cure for cancer then? Oh dear, never mind....

Dry water ffs!

5. Will this overcome the sloshing noise when you've taken a mouthful from your water bottle? Wonder how much the MoD will pay for "tactical water"?

6. I hope we dont find one, then I can perfect my 'cha cha cha' with a broom handle and shower curtain at the end of your hospice bed whilst you spew into the issued bag. Cancer is an acceptable, ongoing and natural disinfectant.

7. So they've found ice then, before it melts.

8. Er, dry ice?

ahh theres me tuk tuk.

9. Er, its called sublimation (taking an element from solid to gas form without it going into liquid form).

Obviously, you want it to stay solid as long as you can.

Either that or I should have paid more attention in Science.

10. Er, I was taking the piss (there being no water left here to go with my whisky).

11. I don't mind them messing around with water as long as they don't start doing this with scotch

12. It would be like a willy wonka gobstopper, you'd always have the scotch taste but it would never disappear.

13. It's only a matter of time before we have freeze-dried beer. A bit longer before freeze-dried spirits.

Mmmmm! Laphroaig dip dabs... Watch Haribo take a nose dive...

14. All the drinking terminology will have to change. No longer will one be able to get 'sloshed'.

"He canna hold his solid"

"Just a wee teaspoon for the road?"

"Two tablespoons and she's anybody's"

"Shock Horror as MP caught snorting a line of brandy"