• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Scientists create life

the_boy_syrup said:
I did it in under 5 minutes
They could have come to me for advice although I've only a few O Levels
Only took me 30 seconds. :oops:

Well, if nothing else at least we'll be able to finally answer the question that's been niggling me - do they really dream of electric sheep?

smartascarrots said:
the_boy_syrup said:
I did it in under 5 minutes
They could have come to me for advice although I've only a few O Levels
Only took me 30 seconds. :oops:

Well, if nothing else at least we'll be able to finally answer the question that's been niggling me - do they really dream of electric sheep?
Welsh ones do. Obviously.

First it was Dolly the sheep, then it was that bit of cheese I found under my freezer that had evolved and developed a primitive religion, and now this. When, oh when will scientists stop meddling in things they are trying to understand because that’s their job?

I warn you now, they’ll be developing cures for things next!

Sixty said:
Created in a laboratory and synthetic yet 300% more interesting than Dashing_Chap already.
I have you know I own a synthetic jacket!

I still don’t think people have quite grasped the significance of this event, for the first time in history mankind has created artificial life. He is quite literally doing the work of God.

Let’s hope the scientists are at least aesthetically pleasing if they create life in their own image as God did with man. I’ve had a lot of munters in my time & it must be a disappointment to Christians everywhere.

-DC

”Scientists in the US have succeeded in developing the first synthetic living cell.”

The millions of others previously produced were found to be cerebrally defunct, though fitted into communities quite seamlessly. However, former President Bush warned: ”Citizens of America may have to start dealing with cognistant…….cognisient…….coggisental…….smarter citizens among them.”

No.9

Personally, I think it's gone too far! Where's the line? When we've made another weapon that is so destructive that no one dares to use it?

Latest Threads