Science Videos

The famous Princeton IAS had its 80th anniversary last year and ran a lecture series to celebrate. Available here. Well worth a go. Higgsy might even learn something if it gets through his Morton's Demon.

Which evidence do you consider H-B to be ignoring?
Quantum mechanics, recent (post 1970) advances in cosmology, the actual work the LHC is doing rather than this "black holes dumping energy in to an extra dimension" shit he's focussed on now, the requirement for evidence for your hypotheses. The list is, unfortunately, both endless and dull.

Disturbing not to hear a word for peaceful applications...
Once I've kitted up in one and killed everybody who disagrees with me, it will be a very peaceful world. How's that for a peaceful application?

With a quick MRI scan to identify everybody who claims to agree with me, but are actually closet Uriah Heep's ... I bet I could connect a MW laser up to the classifier and automatically deal with the crypto-anexcognitoistas.

Ain't technology wonderful? :twisted:

The famous Princeton IAS had its 80th anniversary last year and ran a lecture series to celebrate. Available here. Well worth a go. Higgsy might even learn something if it gets through his Morton's Demon.
Hey Idrach....If you can fix that for me you'r a star. I absolutely love learning and wish that my educational background had not been busted in the way it was. What little I do know is from observation and enquiry. Those that had the luxury of higher education only to stagnate without knowing how to apply it are a waste of oxygen. Resorting to a form of snobbery and parott fashion quips when confronted with a couple of fresh ideas off their radar because they do not possess any natural savvy...it stands out by a mile.

You don't seem to realise that it's you and your religious clones that are impervious to reason... Unfortunately they don't run courses at Princeton to de-programme cult victims. They are interested in furthering knowledge not lingering in the stoneage...

Invest in some new text books... pretty soon you will find that your pathetic philosophy and gods are history.
I'm years ahead of you pal... :)

Once I've kitted up in one and killed everybody who disagrees with me, it will be a very peaceful world. How's that for a peaceful application?

With a quick MRI scan to identify everybody who claims to agree with me, but are actually closet Uriah Heep's ... I bet I could connect a MW laser up to the classifier and automatically deal with the crypto-anexcognitoistas.

Ain't technology wonderful? :twisted:
You are awful Cogi... but I like you :)

You don't seem to realise that it's you and your religious clones that are impervious to reason... Unfortunately they don't run courses at Princeton to de-programme cult victims. They are interested in furthering knowledge not lingering in the stoneage...
I am going to manage to get heat transfer out of your assumption engine. One of these days.

Listen to any of the talks yet? No? Doesn't surprise me. You might learn something which would dent your invincible self importance.

I am going to manage to get heat transfer out of your assumption engine. One of these days.

Listen to any of the talks yet? No? Doesn't surprise me. You might learn something which would dent your invincible self importance.
I've been watching, listening and THINKING about such material for a very long time Idrach... Self importance is the only moral philosophy btw.. (Ayn Rand)

You can help cool the assumption engine by actually providing some details of your personal POV and beliefs rather than putting a wooden spoon into my assertions...right or wrong.

Try these videos....

The Periodic Table of Videos - University of Nottingham

Click on the element of your choice. Talk from a chemistry professor (and he's a classic professor) and (frequently mad) demonstrations done by the lab technicians.

The alkali metals (left hand column) are pretty good.

I've been watching, listening and THINKING about such material for a very long time Idrach... Self importance is the only moral philosophy btw.. (Ayn Rand)

You can help cool the assumption engine by actually providing some details of your personal POV and beliefs rather than putting a wooden spoon into my assertions...right or wrong.
I think Idrach's point is one I have commented on - you don't 'argue' you 'assert'. The other point is that merely 'thinking' does not guarantee the conclusions are valid let alone correct. And that applies to you just as much anybody else - "Higgs_bosun says so" is not a scientifically acceptable argument.

Click on the element of your choice. Talk from a chemistry professor (and he's a classic professor) and (frequently mad) demonstrations done by the lab technicians.

The alkali metals (left hand column) are pretty good.
My mother did Chemistry there, some considerable time ago. She had the great experience of being lectured to by Col Brian Shaw:

I was invited to give a lecture which brought the audience in. Having had a lifelong interest in explosives, I gave a lecture. I did bring the audience in. I had to continue.
Nice to see the tradition is being continued.

Will the arrow of time come to rest?

[video=youtube;5OFThORmR-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OFThORmR-s&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/video]

What lies beyond the obsevable universe?

[video=youtube;CEQouX5U0fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQouX5U0fc&feature=channel[/video]

Scientists have turned up rare evidence that space-time is smooth as Einstein predicted, while pushing closer to a complete theory of gravity. From NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Fermi Gamma Ray Space Telescope.

[video=youtube;nByekIx7XXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nByekIx7XXw&feature=channel[/video]

I think Idrach's point is one I have commented on - you don't 'argue' you 'assert'. The other point is that merely 'thinking' does not guarantee the conclusions are valid let alone correct. And that applies to you just as much anybody else - "Higgs_bosun says so" is not a scientifically acceptable argument.
And I have made it clear that this is not a suitable place for formal arguments...because each post would require thousands of words. I also have suggested that you insert the words, likely, probably, may, should or can etc. anywhere you like. But I just happen to be confident with my material and rely on you guys to verify or debunk it.

Idrach has failed to do this against my principles and ideas. He has missed the points about black holes that will be observed at the LHC, how and why they evaporate. He cannot accept that if there are other dimensions then there is probably a means of connectivity. Hawking radiation still needs to show that there is no loss of energy in the system, why the the universe is cooling, and as QM demonstrates that a virtual existence is possible, it's not too difficult to crank it up to the the macro just as a thought experiment. If at the centre of each black hole there exists a singularity then we must explore the possibility of a gateway...not everything that goes in comes out! At least not as energy...

And I have made it clear that this is not a suitable place for formal arguments...because each post would require thousands of words. I also have suggested that you insert the words, likely, probably, may, should or can etc. anywhere you like. But I just happen to be confident with my material and rely on you guys to verify or debunk it.

Idrach has failed to do this against my principles and ideas. He has missed the points about black holes that will be observed at the LHC, how and why they evaporate. He cannot accept that if there are other dimensions then there is probably a means of connectivity. Hawking radiation still needs to show that there is no loss of energy in the system, why the the universe is cooling, and as QM demonstrates that a virtual existence is possible, it's not too difficult to crank it up to the the macro just as a thought experiment. If at the centre of each black hole there exists a singularity then we must explore the possibility of a gateway...not everything that goes in comes out! At least not as energy...
You do know that any black holes created/observed in the LHC have pretty much sod-all in common (at least from our point of view), with a cosmological black hole, dontcha?

Sorry, but that's not a reasonable assumption for your readers to make and amounts to laziness on your part. The arguments don't have to be formal, but it would be helpful if you could provide reference to your source material ... otherwise we're just MontyPythoning it.

Still, taking your suggestion on board, I have decided to insert the words 'is probably bollox' before everything you assert. :)

Latest Threads