Science Videos

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by tothepubandbeyond, Dec 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to Science videos of all flavours, whether lectures, TV programmes or just a bit of fun, So here goes:

Richard Feynman: "Science is fun to imagine" lecture series, from the BBC Archives.
    BBC - Archive - Richard Feynman: Fun to Imagine - Using physics to explain how the world works

Carl Sagan: Cosmos TV programme
    YouTube - Carl Sagan's Cosmos | Episode 1: The Shores Of The Cosmic Ocean (1/7)
    Link is to part one of episode one, follow to the next parts at the end of the video

Pale blue dot
    YouTube - Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Phil Hellenes: How science saved my soul
    YouTube - Science Saved My Soul.

Michael Specter: The danger of science denial
    Michael Specter: The danger of science denial | Video on

Richard Dawkins: Growing up in the universe, Royal Institution Lecture
    YouTube - Ep 1: Waking Up in the Universe - Growing Up in the Universe - Richard Dawkins!

Micheal Shermer: Strange beliefs
    Michael Shermer on strange beliefs | Video on
    The pattern behind self deception
    Michael Shermer: The pattern behind self-deception | Video on

Symphony of Science: Music videos using quotes from famous scientists
    Symphony of Science
  2. I've been throwing them into various threads when they're relevant but it's a good idea to have a thread dedicated to them. You can also check out DocumentaryStorm - The Best Documentaries on the Net as there's quite a few there too. Do you know if the Royal Society Christmas Lectures are online anywhere?

3. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not sure if they are as I haven't googles it myself, but you might get further by looking for the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures. They tend to be aimed at schoolkids though...
  4. The Richard Dawkins lecture is the Christmas Lecture for 1991. This years lectures, entitled Size Matters are available on BBC 4 iPlayer at the moment.
  5. Good thing. That is where most of us finished science education.
  6. Yes, fuckwhits exist. There are too many of them. What can we do about that?
  7. Thanks for that. I found it curiously arousing. :)
  8. Amazing....I will never look at water in the same way again.... searching for the other modules now.
    Thank goodness for science videos like this...otherwise we would remain in the dark ages for ever.
  9. You can get the RI Christmas lectures cheaply from the Royal Institution [].

Look out in particular for "The Science of Survival" by Hugh Montgomery
  10. Not quite a video, but radio. Radio 4 has a good programme called 'material world'.

BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - Material World

Very handy if you're in an office or your phone can connect to internet radio. Does anyone else know of good science or academic radio programmes?

11. Lighting a cigar will always be an adventure from now on :) ....