Science Forum

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you had to build a temporary structure in your garden to house your Large Hadron Collier, as a scientist would you:

A) Design it yourself and make it from 4x2, toungue and groove and a roll of ashphalt?
B) Buy a B&Q flat-pack?
C) Skip-Rat the job using pallets, old doors and plastic then claim it was eco-friendly?

G

goatrutar

If you had to build a temporary structure in your garden to house your Large Hadron Collier, as a scientist would you:

A) Design it yourself and make it from 4x2, toungue and groove and a roll of ashphalt?
B) Buy a B&Q flat-pack?
C) Skip-Rat the job using pallets, old doors and plastic then claim it was eco-friendly?
you are bob the builder and i claim my broken transit van.

B) Buy a B&Q flat-pack?
As a scientist, I would subcontract the job. Given the budget I've got to work with, I think it will be more of a Small Hadron Collider ... well, Very Small Hadron Collider. Not sure if SWMBO will let me dig out a tunnel under the back garden, though - she was bad enough when I wanted a small pond for the frogs.

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs

B) Buy a B&Q flat-pack?
Did C) a while ago. See the "Autumn season..."passim. It's more difficult than you may think. Did the haddocks no good whatsoever. But the electric eels were awesome