Science Forum - When, Where, What?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Excognito, Dec 9, 2010.

?
  1. Yes - in Serious Stuff

48 vote(s)
    77.4%
  2. Yes - in another forum

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Don't care

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. No, No, No, thrice No

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. Burn the Heretic, I'm an artist.

2 vote(s)
    3.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The 'Are you Religious' thread contains several message sequences that address scientific issues. For example, there is a long standing discussion on the nature of colour and further topics have included the 'reality' of mathematics, the LHC, consciousness and space-time. IMO, discussion of these topics suffer from the somewhat partisan nature of the thread and might be better, and more freely, discussed in a more neutral setting.

To this end, I propose that a 'Science' subforum is added to ARRSE under 'Serious Stuff'.

Views?

2. Have you seen that thread ???? !!!! it certainly shouldnt be under "serious stuff" !

3. I like the idea, gets my vote. :thumleft:

4. Ok Me too, but only if closely followed by a "weirdest view of reality" thread

5. Being the massive geek I am for that kind of stuff I personally wouldn't mind that kind of subforum.

6. Yes sounds good, i have already jacked up the perimeter tinfoil defences, so if our ramblings on the ether should attract the attention of any passing craft i will be invisible.

7. Sure, quantum field theory gets my vote. :twisted:

8. That is a strong contender. I reckon the championship fight/league, should be between quantum and at least one of the strings, (probably all of them).

9. I love astronomy and cosmology, so it gets a yes vote from me.

10. I'd be interested in a science forum :)

11. Definitely agree I'd love to have a science sub forum, what grounds are there for the no vote?

DC

12. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

I'd be interested, particularly in astronomy.

And if anyone could explain string theory, or why we need to find Higgs' Boson, I'm all ears!

13. Gets my vote. I presume conspiracies will not be entertained in this sub-forum unless backed by evidence of a tangiable nature ?

D_B

14. yes.. a science forum... but wait a minute.. big bang, creation, let there be light... what about God ! ? ARRRGH ! this could rumble on for a million pages.

15. Here's String Theory and M Theory, it may take a while to watch them all but it's not bad viewing.

YouTube - Part 01: String theory

Click on part 2 etc on the side links to continue.

DC