SCIDA

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by MiracleBill, May 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What responsibilities does a SCIDA hold with regards to config management of fixed systems, infrastructure and day to day operation?
    The scope of the question is sites with large data centres and NERs (think GOSCC etc).

2. Jsp 602.

3. Please put me out of my state of suspense, I can't wait for tomorrow. What does JSP 602 cover?

4. Read and digested but it doesn't describe any product outside of ECR that the SCIDA delivers. 480 is distinctly lacking in any detail in this area too.

5. Why is this here. Everyone knows that SCIDA only applies when The Royal Corps aren't "doing it for themselves"

6. I don't follow you?

7. What I am saying is. If there is a way of doing something without going through the correct procedures the Royal Signals usually find it, particularly if it benefits them to do so.

8. Bit unfair to tag an entire Corps. Also, very few people are educated in the CIDA mantra.

9. Any new builds do conform however as builds expand and people cuff it then conformity falls by the wayside, if the right people are involved from the off then rules and regs are adhered to.

Munch Me

10. Utter bollocks. Someone was bummed in the Pigs Bar.

11. So how do you stop the rot setting in?

12. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

The problem is SCIDA is an unloved child and gets passed from pillar to post, in governance terms, so nobody pays as much attention to it as they should do. It's of late passed hands from 1* area to another, and I'll bet its not even been noticed.

Right, this is uber dull. Off to consume industrial quantities of real ale.....

13. Bore on, which 1* area has got it now?

14. We stop it by having the correct people in Theatres of operations and ensure that when expansions etc are undertaken, people in positions of power have a pair and make sure that this is the case.

Munch Me

15. Which leads me back to my OP question.