SCIDA

What responsibilities does a SCIDA hold with regards to config management of fixed systems, infrastructure and day to day operation?
The scope of the question is sites with large data centres and NERs (think GOSCC etc).

What I am saying is. If there is a way of doing something without going through the correct procedures the Royal Signals usually find it, particularly if it benefits them to do so.

What I am saying is. If there is a way of doing something without going through the correct procedures the Royal Signals usually find it, particularly if it benefits them to do so.
Bit unfair to tag an entire Corps. Also, very few people are educated in the CIDA mantra.

Any new builds do conform however as builds expand and people cuff it then conformity falls by the wayside, if the right people are involved from the off then rules and regs are adhered to.

Munch Me

Utter bollocks. Someone was bummed in the Pigs Bar.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
The problem is SCIDA is an unloved child and gets passed from pillar to post, in governance terms, so nobody pays as much attention to it as they should do. It's of late passed hands from 1* area to another, and I'll bet its not even been noticed.

Right, this is uber dull. Off to consume industrial quantities of real ale.....

The problem is SCIDA is an unloved child and gets passed from pillar to post, in governance terms, so nobody pays as much attention to it as they should do. It's of late passed hands from 1* area to another, and I'll bet its not even been noticed.

Right, this is uber dull. Off to consume industrial quantities of real ale.....
Bore on, which 1* area has got it now?

Read and digested but it doesn't describe any product outside of ECR that the SCIDA delivers. 480 is distinctly lacking in any detail in this area too.
Contact the CIDA teams either at Blandford or Henlow. The responsibility for JSP 480 lies with them, (for now a least).

I have contact details if required.

HAR

Contact the CIDA teams either at Blandford or Henlow. The responsibility for JSP 480 lies with them, (for now a least).

I have contact details if required.

HAR
CIDA won't have a handle on the day to day realities of config management. They may think that they do, but they don't. Having attended the cse, I am fairly confident that there isn't an OPS for a SCIDA.

As I said when officers are charged with managing a project they need the backbone to tell customers of realistic timelines so that builds can be planned correctly

Munch Me
What responsibilities does a SCIDA hold with regards to config management of fixed systems, infrastructure and day to day operation?
This is the original question. I still don't know what a SCIDA is supposed to do outside of individual project delivery.

Latest Threads