Schumacher

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by CrashTestDummy, Oct 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schummi has announced his retirement (again). Even he has finally realised that he (and many other deluded people) is not as good as he thinks he is.

I wonder if this has been hastened by the fact that's he's been ousted from Mercedes and nobody else will give him a contract. Let's face it, he's wrecked more cars this season than he's got past the finishing line and teams can't afford such a liability.

2. He drove a very good car for an excellent engineering team with a well rehearsed pit crew. He never really had the same with the shift to Merc. F1 drivers need to learn that despite being in the limelight, there is a crew of people responsible for the majority of their success.

3. He's a ****, the crooked chinned bastard.

4. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Made me chuckle. Mind you don't get splinters in your arrse from that rickety old fence.

Never liked him, always pictured him in an SS uniform, ja?

5. I reckon he is/was at Mercedes (with Brawn) to shake down the technical bits, and to build the team's knowledge base.

Anyway, when Schumi broke his leg while he was at Ferrari, I wrote to them saying I would take his place. Even had my own crash helmet and Nomex race suit and everything. ******* never wrote back. I blame Eddie Irvine.

6. Fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

theres a huge dichotomy with Schumacher I find - not a very sporting sportsman, at least in the early part of his driving career I think, but in terms of what he brings to a team? priceless.
    and from what is known about his personal life, from what I've heard you couldnt find a better husband and father - not always the case (not least in F1 circles, let alone sports as a whole.) plus he does, as the saying goes, a **lot** of good work for charidee.
    it's a shame that some of his actions have coloured the rest of his career so much.

8. My wife works in advertising in Switzerland (where he lives). A few years ago she was rounding up famous faces living in Switzerland, to be in an advertising campaign pushing "buy Swiss".

Some of the demands made by quite successful and wealthy people, for what was effectively a public service announcement, were outrageous.

Schumacher happily appeared for a fruit basket. That made him pretty cool in my eyes.

• Like Like x 4
  9. I think you'll find,Peter Sauber was quite keen to sign him,I suspect,family considerations came into his desicion to bin F1,given the amount of time spent away,from the wife,and kids.

He's a lot older now,and I also believe,a lot wiser,he doesn't need the money,just something to keep him occupied,next year I can see him driving a Merc,in DTM,with Mercedes backing.

Good solid drive today,started on the back of the grid,and finished 11th (and no penalties)!

10. now thats more like it!;-)