Schumacher

Time to go I think.

That was just bloody stupid at best, lethal at worst.

Webber said:
That felt good
as he passed him
Brundle said:
Drivers see Schumacher as a trophy now, not someone to beat
My personal opinion; what a ******.

Although it's not clear from your post, I assume you are actually referring to the move that Shumacher pulled on Barrichello as he overtook him close to the pit exit which is being investigated post-race by the stewards. If I am not correct in my assumption, then what the **** are you on about?

Time to go I think.

as he passed him

My personal opinion; what a Multi Millionaire ******.
There altered that for you.

Now get a life,watch real racing,with no team orders,no Alonso,no Vettel,no Schumacher,in short watch MotoGP!

Although it's not clear from your post, I assume you are actually referring to the move that Shumacher pulled on Barrichello as he overtook him close to the pit exit which is being investigated post-race by the stewards. If I am not correct in my assumption, then what the **** are you on about?
You're pretty quick on the uptake, aren't you?

Now get a life,watch real racing,with no team orders,no Alonso,no Vettel,no Schumacher,in short watch MotoGP!
Of course, silly me. I do apologise for not putting this in the sporting section, instead of the NAAFI.

Time to go I think.

as he passed him

My personal opinion; what a ******.
CTD: Fully agree, his dirty, arrogant and on this occasion extremely dangerous moves have yet again shown his true colours, but his style of driving won't change,

Schuey really needs to get a grip, he may be a former world champion but he's past his best & I suspect we won't see him next season.

...I suspect we won't see him next season.
He's denying someone with genuine current talent coming to the front. In the current field I'm impressed with Kobayashi's showing, the first Jap with some real talent and fighting spirit.

But is anyone really suprised? He's got previous by the bucketload, Aus 1994 v Hill, Jerez 1997 v Villeneuve being the obvious ones.

Should have left the helmet gathering dust in the shed.

But is anyone really suprised? He's got previous by the bucketload, Aus 1994 v Hill, Jerez 1997 v Villeneuve being the obvious ones.

Should have left the helmet gathering dust in the shed.
I have to admit to thinking that when the news of his return was announced. It sounded too much like a Frank Bruno re-fight. In reality he isn't quite that bad, until he feels he has to prove something. Or, if I was going to be charitable, he genuinely hasn't got the awareness/reactions to cope.

Either way, he has to go, there's no entertainment or racing value for him to stay.

He's denying someone with genuine current talent coming to the front. In the current field I'm impressed with Kobayashi's showing, the first Jap with some real talent and fighting spirit.

What was the name of Ayrton Senna's team mate; **** me it’s Satoru Nakajima, who just happened to be the first Japanese driver to score F1 points,but I suppose that was before your time,eh!

Seeing as you think I don't know what I'm talking about,I'll **** off back to the NAAFI.

Did Senna not famously say after forcing MR A Prost off the track a long time ago to win the championship.... I don't race to finish second.

Schumacher is a ****** but its nothing other people haven't done.

Did Senna not famously say after forcing MR A Prost off the track a long time ago to win the championship.... I don't race to finish second.

Schumacher is a ****** but its nothing other people haven't done.
Having been of an age to watch Senna through his career in F1,and the stunts he got away with,I always smile when the pundits and 'has beens' start slagging of Schumacher,and go on to eulogise Senna.

The problem is a lot of the Brit pundits,are pissed of with the German because he came on the scene when they were driving,and had the temerity to start beating them with ease,Brundle at Benneton being a case in point,and where did they drag Derek Warwick up from,last time he drove an F1 car was in 93,that was after a 3 year lay off,what's the criteria for being an F1 steward then,don't tell me,I once knew a person,who was related to someone who,used to deliver tyres to (put in your own team),FFS.

Watched a crash on the TV,from last weekend at Brands, car comes up to overtake,moves to the right,man in front moves to the right,guy behing does a flying Webber into the side of a bridge,flying car burst into flames,driver in hospital for a few days,no blame, racing incident,still run under the auspices of the FIA,consistent or what?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Having been of an age to watch Senna through his career in F1,and the stunts he got away with,I always smile when the pundits and 'has beens' start slagging of Schumacher,and go on to eulogise Senna.

The problem is a lot of the Brit pundits,are pissed of with the German because he came on the scene when they were driving,and had the temerity to start beating them with ease,Brundle at Benneton being a case in point,and where did they drag Derek Warwick up from,he was pretty mediocre when driving F1,what's the criteria for being an F1 steward then,don't tell me,I once knew a person,who was related to someone who,used to deliver tyres to (put in your own team),FFS.

Watched a crash on the TV,from last weekend at Brands, car comes up to overtake,moves to the right,man in front moves to the right,guy behing does a flying Webber into the side of a bridge,car burst into flames,driver in Hospital for a few days,no blame, racing incident,still run under the auspices of the FIA,consistent or what?
inconsistency, thy name is the FIA.

you make a valid point re senna and schumacher, but a big difference between the two is senna never got a cob on and demanded teamates move over for him - if the other guy was faster on the day, then he was faster. that was senna's problem to deal with - he never demanded the team tell the other guy to slow down (are you listening, fernando?)

as for has beens, brundle and warwick both have a Le Mans win and a world sportscar title each to their name - I would argue that you dont acheive that if you're just a journeyman pedaller. brundle also was serious competition to senna in F3 prior to them both going to F1 - he also came the closest to matching schumacher in 1992 that any team mate did at bentton and ferrari.

inconsistency, thy name is the FIA.

you make a valid point re senna and schumacher, but a big difference between the two is senna never got a cob on and demanded teamates move over for him - if the other guy was faster on the day, then he was faster. that was senna's problem to deal with - he never demanded the team tell the other guy to slow down (are you listening, fernando?)

as for has beens, brundle and warwick both have a Le Mans win and a world sportscar title each to their name - I would argue that you dont acheive that if you're just a journeyman pedaller. brundle also was serious competition to senna in F3 prior to them both going to F1 - he also came the closest to matching schumacher in 1992 that any team mate did at bentton and ferrari.
No,all Senna did was shunt them out of the way,al la Japanese Grand Prix with Prost,sorry Brundles entry in Wiki as such,is subjective.

Again F3,and Le Mans ain't F1,as I said,Warwick last drove F1 in 93,Brundle in 96,which is 14 years ago,and his opinions have always been clouded by a conflict of interest,business manager to one D Coulthard.

He is without a doubt the most knowledgable pundit on TV,so much so that the Beeb,have chosen a female to take Jake Humphreys slot whilst he is away at the commonwealth games,how about that for a kick in the bollocks?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
they always have an 'anchor' and a more technical second commentator - murray walker and james hunt the best example.

one to get excited, the other to provide a more detailed explanation of whats going on. if brundle was that bad he wouldnt have made the jump from itv to the bbc. I certainly have no problem with him or what he says - same for DC as it goes.

as for brundle and his competition against senna in f3, every biographer of senna I've read has said more or less the same thing re brundle. and it's a matter of record as to how he performed against schumacher at benetton.