Schools celebrating the Jubilee "breaking the law"

Plenty of other things with links to the monarchy in schools, D of E award for example. Lefties just making a scene.

They have a point, republicanism is as valid (if not more so in a democracy) as monarchy. Won't do any harm to have a lesson or two in it.
However can just see the DM and Telegraph having a field day with it.

I like Coronation Chicken.Mr Smith can go feck himself.
Just so we don't upset the Republican's, I like Eastenders Chicken, although most say it's actually 'cock'

Is there an alternative Oath of Allegiance for Republicanists? Or is it still just a last request?

They have a point, republicanism is as valid (if not more so in a democracy) as monarchy. Won't do any harm to have a lesson or two in it.
Personally I don't condone illegal activity, especially in schools.

Also, purely as an aside, do you recall an oath you once gave?

Personally I don't condone illegal activity, especially in schools.

Also, purely as an aside, do you recall an oath you once gave?
Indeed I do, it meant **** all tbh, I'm not a religious person either so swearing by Almighty God to defend is pretty meaningless. I'm more of a "I'll have a bash at it and do my best" sort of person.

I heard a representative from Republic on R4 on the way home. On that evidence they are a front for the Monarchy as he was an utter, utter cock of such magnitude as I have not heard from in a while. Which is quite some going, what with today's political landscape and my fondness for R4.

Well this discussion (or rather your viewpoint) is not only illegal but the system failed previously. The illegality stems not from the Oath of Allegiance (I did say it was an aside) - that was just in addition.

Well this discussion (or rather your viewpoint) is not only illegal but the system failed previously. The illegality stems not from the Oath of Allegiance (I did say it was an aside) - that was just in addition.

Shall I turn myself in?

However can just see the DM and Telegraph having a field day with it.
However, Take France as an example of how things can go badly wrong. Look up Napolean.

Shall I turn myself in?
Commendable if you did but I'm sure the police are too busy facilitating Lesbianism in Children Awareness Day.

I said valid, not perfect. Besides Napoleon was a dictator.
That is what I was getting at. Napolean siezed power from the republic and installed himself as a Dictator. Surely a Constitutional Monarchy such as we have in UK is the best solution for us.

That is what I was getting at. Napolean siezed power from the republic and installed himself as a Dictator. Surely a Constitutional Monarchy such as we have in UK is the best solution for us.
In as much as the have no (real) constitutional powers therefore have no real use other than impressing Japanese and fat American tourists.