Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Schoolgirls Heading for Syria

As happy as I am about the news, I didn't think we could make people stateless. Is she a dual citizen?

I can't help but feel an appeal, followed by an expensive payout, is forthcoming.

I just got this on my Facebook feed, can’t post the pic, but this is the text:

BBC BREAKING NEWS

Plans are underway to bring Shamina Begum back to the UK.
Cardiff City are arranging the flights. Prince Philip will pick them up from the airport, Kate and Gerry McCann are to adopt the baby, and Diane Abbott is to sort the timetable for it all to happen.

BBC BREAKING NEWS

Cardiff City are arranging the flights. Prince Philip will pick them up from the airport, Kate and Gerry McCann are to adopt the baby, and Diane Abbott is to sort the timetable for it all to happen.

... and Flybmi are providing the aircraft.

Shirley only if she is a British citizen ... which she no longer is .

Ignore .... ETA I see she has a right to appeal ... so you are probably correct .

However I can only hope that the response by the Home Office will be conducted with luke warm interest , tactful derision and a ubiquitous manifestation of courteous but implacable inactivity .
I believe Sir Humphrey called it either masterly inactivity or creative inertia.

BBC BREAKING NEWS

Again???

IS teenager to lose UK citizenship
tenor.gif

As happy as I am about the news, I didn't think we could make people stateless. Is she a dual citizen?

She also holds Bangladeshi Citizenship, therefore she is not stateless. She easily meets the threshold for Deprivation of Citizenship and her complete lack of contrition in the media sealed her fate.

I can't help but feel an appeal, followed by an expensive payout, is forthcoming.

No you can't we got caught out a while trying to make another two people stateless

UK blocked from making alleged extremists stateless by secret court in ruling that will set precedent

They seem to have based the argument on the idea that she is a dual British-Bangladeshi citizen (having been born there I think) and another that she may have Dual Citizenship but through her marrying a Dutch ISIS member.

Family, & Lawyers now saying she has never held dual citizenship, this is gonna take awhile

Can the Home Secretary prevent Shamina Begum returning to the UK? - BarristerBlogger

What happened in a case just like Shamima Begum’s