Schoolgirls Heading for Syria

Well that is one point of view. My point is that if she returns, the tax payer, rather than those quoted in the media will have to fund what ever the outcome might be.
In the show I mentioned in the post above yours the exact point you made was raised.
While Dreda Say Mitchell (an affirmed Corbynite) was all for bringing her back the opposing commentator was saying 'why should we waste taxpayers miney on her while we have pensioners dying or shortages in the NHS'

Excellent, post, as ever @Slime. Also the Caliphate of IS will shortly be known as the 'piece of the MERV formerly known as the Caliphate of the (so-called) IS'.

As I mentioned above, this is a very newsworthy item and I think the BBC (other broadcasters available) have been very sensitive (in the political sense) to its coverage. I have seen no sympathy nor 'agendas' being pushed by the BBC; simply broadcasting the family's (understandable) pleas does not constitute support for this young woman to return; indeed it highlights the wretched nature of this b*tch. I am sure there are sections of society who out of altruism or religious zealotry feel she should be given a second chance, but that sin't going to happen.

There are the sheer mechanics of this: she has to get out of her YPG refugee camp and then cross (probably illegally) into one of four neighboring countries. And remember, the UK does not recognise the YPG so (conveniently) cannot seek extradition nor accept expulsions from them.
  • Turkey: now a very hard 800km-odd border guarded by the Jandarma and with strict instructions to repel refugees or to seize them if they cross and then handed over to DGMM - and detention. She would need to pass through SDF/YPG territory and into a border zone currently subject to very active Turkish joint fires.
  • Lebanon: having to cross through regime-held territory (very difficult) and to another hard(ish) border, now reinforced with UK and US trained Border Regiments.
  • Jordan: Jordan's northern border is still relatively open but the 3 x QRF Bns and the Border Police are well trained by UK and US (and others) and have very good ISR capabilities, like Lebanon. Absolutely no local appetite to absorb ex IS fan club members.
  • Iraq: Huge amount of hostile territory to cover to get to Irbil (where there is a British Consulate) or to Baghdad. Very unlikely to be received with any warmth by the ISF; most likely to go into detention (again).
No mean feat either which way, then. I’m sure that whatever happens it will be the will of Allah.

I've listened to around two and a half hours hours dedicated to this story on Beeb radio. The families request for the government to bring her back has been played four or fives times that I've heard.
The interview with the father of one of the other girls (the dad who was previously a member of a banned organisation) has been played three times too.
I haven't heard any item mention any attempt direct by her parents to get her to return.

While other posters here seem to say that the Beeb have been completely biased I will add that's I've heard comments on all sides from callers and people being interviewed both as guests and as members of the public.

One set of interviews that I heard three times stands out above all others.
The reporter said that of the people he spoke to only one person showed any support, and even that one person changed her tune when the interviewee learned the girl has shown no remorse. Another group in the same feature were a group of older people from the area where the girl comes from. Their comments started with slagging the Beeb for being left wing, then included that they had no sympathy for the girl. They said they had no sympathy for the unborn child too. One of the last to speak said that if the family were concerned that they could go and be with the girl and rot too.

When the clip of the father of one of the other girls was played in the drive time slot it was pointed out clearly that he had been a member of a banned organisation and the organisation was name checked.

As an aside, during the last 24-48 hours many reports or reporters have stopped saying 'so called Islamic state' and have been saying Diesh, Islamic state, ISIS or ISIL instead
Thank you. All rather positive and remarkably hysteria-free, then.

One question I’ve not seen asked of the family is what they’ve done, or not, to persuade her to come home over the last four years... or are they only now concerned was because things aren’t going well for daesh? (Genuine question, and if anyone knows more please comment.)
The family had been in contact with the FCO 'demanding' that the Government gets her back - and had been in the media about it, too. The standard response was "**** off Regretfully, Her Majesty's Government has no diplomatic representation in Syria and Miss Begum purposefully ignored Travel Advice and knowingly entered an area where no consular assistance can be rendered. So **** off."

Last edited:
The family had been in contact with the FCO 'demanding' that the Government gets her back - and had been in the media about it, too. The standard response was **** off Regretfully, Her Majesty's Government has no diplomatic representation in Syria and Miss Begum purposefully ignored Travel Advice and knowingly entered an area where no consular assistance can be rendered. So **** off.
Over what period?

Which and whatever, it doesn’t change the fact that she was happy there until the tide turned. No regrets, no contrition. I know some very good people who are Muslims, and who follow their religion’s teaching in a way that makes them delightful people. I do not regard this... thing as a Muslim.

Thanks for asking.
I'll give you a proper reply :)
Sleeping well for me is relative, and I never sleep 'well' in the normal sense of the meaning. That's the joy of having PTSD hahahahahahahaha

Anyhow, back to the subject. On Friday nights/Saturday morning there is a show on Radio 5 from midnight to one a.m. and one of the speakers is a woman called 'Dreda Say Mitchell'. She is even more annoying than Abbott and so is a good distraction :)
What sort of perv are you? You've found someone more annoying than our Diane, and you listen to her till 0100 hrs! Dial 999 ASAP.

She is not an innocent victim, as some are trying to make out. The 15 year old girl who was an innocent victim (amongst many others) was Olivia Campbell-Hardy. Who’s she, some may ask? One of the innocent victims of the Manchester bomber - who was acting on behalf of the terrorist organisation this other so-called ‘victim’ willingly joined. Poor Olivia will never go back to the comfort of her tormented family, who face a lifetime of grief and loss.
Zero sympathy with her or her extended family.

Last edited:
She is not an innocent victim, as some are trying to make out. The 15 year old girl who was an innocent victim (amongst many others) was Olivia Campbell-Hardy. Who’s she, some may ask? One of the innocent victims of the Manchester bomber - who was acting on behalf of the terrorist organisation this other so-called ‘victim’ willingly joined.
Can I add something to that.
Since this story emerged I have heard around twenty to twenty five members of the public or 'experts' say at 15 she was groomed and was a victim, then compare her victim status directly with the groomed victims of British child sex scandals. Most have mentioned the underage sex and marriage angle and that legally she was too young to conscent (under English law).

I have often mentioned that during my time working with young or vulnerable kids that it was bloody difficult to protect the kids from abusers as the kids liked the attention, liked the gifts and if they had sex it could be seen as grown up or not unpleasant etc.

Before I go any further, let's be clear, adults who groom kids for sex are the scum of the earth.
The above caveat said, I can't see too much if any similarity between a child being promised gifts and a child being offered the chance to join a group that murder, behead or torture people. Yes, the positive or 'kind' attention is similar, but surely the beheading, or burning people alive parts trump everything else!

Was I imagining things on a tv interview late last night ? Where the creatures father was saying if we did not bring her back he would leave this country . Even more reason to let her rot over there then .

She is not an innocent victim, as some are trying to make out. The 15 year old girl who was an innocent victim (amongst many others) was Olivia Campbell-Hardy. Who’s she, some may ask? One of the innocent victims of the Manchester bomber - who was acting on behalf of the terrorist organisation this other so-called ‘victim’ willingly joined. Poor Olivia will never go back to the comfort of her tormented family, who face a lifetime of grief and loss.
Probably the best message on this thread.

Was I imagining things on a tv interview late last night ? Where the creatures father was saying if we did not bring her back he would leave this country.
A noble and principled stand to take. I am full of admiration for this selfless gentleman, and call upon all ‘British’ Muslims to join him in his ... er, crusade against the wicked, heartless West, pack their bags and move to wherever their dusty Utopia may be. That’ll larn the rest of us, by Allah!

A noble and principled stand to take. I am full of admiration for this selfless gentleman, and call upon all ‘British’ Muslims to join him in his ... er, crusade against the wicked, heartless West, pack their bags and move to wherever their dusty Utopia may be. That’ll larn the rest of us, by Allah!
Bangldesh ain't always that dusty:

Rain in Bangladesh

Latest Threads