Schoolgirls Heading for Syria

A family from Manchester detained in Syria on suspicion of links to Isil has said they want to return to Britain for a better life for their children after being captured by Western-backed forces.

Safiya Zaynab, 51, mother of daughters Shabina Aslam, 29, and Alireza Sabar, 17, from Didsbury, Mancs, said they missed their freedom and wanted to be allowed back home.

They claimed a relative told them they were going on holiday to Turkey in 2014 but from there they “ended up in Syria”.

“We don’t know how it happened and since then we have been trying to escape, but it has not been possible,” Ms Aslam said.

The family was interviewed after being were picked up by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) near the eastern Syrian town of Hajin in January by a freelance journalist, but the Telegraph is today revealing their identities.

In tomorrow's Telegraph, took the wrong turn while driving through Turkey.....

'We miss our freedom and independence in the UK' says British family detained in Syria for Isil links
Er, isn't isiland a modern day utopia for Muslims?

That's what the brochures said.

Flee the decadent Christian land, where shaitan rules supreme.

The BBC are not pushing anything. The lead story this morning is a report by the BBC on the interview in the Times with her, and her family. As I pointed out earlier radio four interview yesterday and on Thursday made it quite clear there is no sympathy for her here.

This is a newsworthy story and the BBC are right to publish it.
Family of pregnant IS teen plead for return
Strangely, paragraph after paragraph of emphasising the "teenager", "unborn child" and "return home to peace and security" angles, there's absolutely no mention of her Dutch husband's responsibility for the welfare of his family.

Why, it's almost as if such a vibrant and diverse multicultural union was being cynically manipulated in line with some hidden agenda.

Strangely, paragraph after paragraph of emphasising the "teenager", "unborn child" and "return home to peace and security" angles, there's absolutely no mention of her Dutch husband's responsibility for the welfare of his family.

Why, it's almost as if such a vibrant and diverse multicultural union was being cynically manipulated in line with some hidden agenda.
Some husband.

didn't she say he wrapped his t*ts and surrendered?

more likely he did a quick appreciation of the circumstances and figured, no doubt with a few other 'heros' of daeshit, that his chances of getting back to civilisation were severely hampered with a nesting, heavily pregnant female...

Of course Dutch terr husband will have to come to UK for their 'family life' entitlement under ECHR, benefits, house, car. Wait a mo, married to a clogie should she not go to the Netherlands?

Hey ho, at least another vote for Jeremy at the end of the day.

From the BBC’s website:

The family said they were concerned that Ms Begum’s mental health had been affected by her four years in Syria ...

Ah yes, the new chestnut. Racism and ‘Islamophobia’ cards held in reserve.

Some husband.

didn't she say he wrapped his t*ts and surrendered?

more likely he did a quick appreciation of the circumstances and figured, no doubt with a few other 'heros' of daeshit, that his chances of getting back to civilisation were severely hampered with a nesting, heavily pregnant female...
Hardly. It would be impossible for a fleeing islamist terrorist of fighting age to be able to slip past the vigilant security services of Fortress EU and disappear into a vast islamist terror support network.

Despite Brexit.

There is not a single serviceman’s or woman’s life that should be risked to get her back.

One question I’ve not seen asked of the family is what they’ve done, or not, to persuade her to come home over the last four years... or are they only now concerned was because things aren’t going well for daesh? (Genuine question, and if anyone knows more please comment.)

There is not a single serviceman’s or woman’s life that should be risked to get her back.

One question I’ve not seen asked of the family is what they’ve done, or not, to persuade her to come home over the last four years... or are they only now concerned was because things aren’t going well for daesh? (Genuine question, and if anyone knows more please comment.)
I've listened to around two and a half hours hours dedicated to this story on Beeb radio. The families request for the government to bring her back has been played four or fives times that I've heard.
The interview with the father of one of the other girls (the dad who was previously a member of a banned organisation) has been played three times too.
I haven't heard any item mention any attempt direct by her parents to get her to return.

While other posters here seem to say that the Beeb have been completely biased I will add that's I've heard comments on all sides from callers and people being interviewed both as guests and as members of the public.

One set of interviews that I heard three times stands out above all others.
The reporter said that of the people he spoke to only one person showed any support, and even that one person changed her tune when the interviewee learned the girl has shown no remorse. Another group in the same feature were a group of older people from the area where the girl comes from. Their comments started with slagging the Beeb for being left wing, then included that they had no sympathy for the girl. They said they had no sympathy for the unborn child too. One of the last to speak said that if the family were concerned that they could go and be with the girl and rot too.

When the clip of the father of one of the other girls was played in the drive time slot it was pointed out clearly that he had been a member of a banned organisation and the organisation was name checked.

As an aside, during the last 24-48 hours many reports or reporters have stopped saying 'so called Islamic state' and have been saying Diesh, Islamic state, ISIS or ISIL instead

Only could? Did you sleep well last night!?
Thanks for asking.
I'll give you a proper reply :)
Sleeping well for me is relative, and I never sleep 'well' in the normal sense of the meaning. That's the joy of having PTSD hahahahahahahaha

Anyhow, back to the subject. On Friday nights/Saturday morning there is a show on Radio 5 from midnight to one a.m. and one of the speakers is a woman called 'Dreda Say Mitchell'. She is even more annoying than Abbott and so is a good distraction :)

paragraph after paragraph of emphasising the "teenager", "unborn child" and "return home to peace and security" angles.
Well that is one point of view. My point is that if she returns, the tax payer, rather than those quoted in the media will have to fund what ever the outcome might be.

I've listened to around two and a half hours hours dedicated to this story on Beeb radio. The families request for the government to bring her back has been played four or fives times that I've heard.
The interview with the father of one of the other girls (the dad who was previously a member of a banned organisation) has been played three times too.
I haven't heard any item mention any attempt direct by her parents to get her to return.

While other posters here seem to say that the Beeb have been completely biased I will add that's I've heard comments on all sides from callers and people being interviewed both as guests and as members of the public.

One set of interviews that I heard three times stands out above all others.
The reporter said that of the people he spoke to only one person showed any support, and even that one person changed her tune when the interviewee learned the girl has shown no remorse. Another group in the same feature were a group of older people from the area where the girl comes from. Their comments started with slagging the Beeb for being left wing, then included that they had no sympathy for the girl. They said they had no sympathy for the unborn child too. One of the last to speak said that if the family were concerned that they could go and be with the girl and rot too.

When the clip of the father of one of the other girls was played in the drive time slot it was pointed out clearly that he had been a member of a banned organisation and the organisation was name checked.

As an aside, during the last 24-48 hours many reports or reporters have stopped saying 'so called Islamic state' and have been saying Diesh, Islamic state, ISIS or ISIL instead
Excellent, post, as ever @Slime. Also the Caliphate of IS will shortly be known as the 'piece of the MERV formerly known as the Caliphate of the (so-called) IS'.

As I mentioned above, this is a very newsworthy item and I think the BBC (other broadcasters available) have been very sensitive (in the political sense) to its coverage. I have seen no sympathy nor 'agendas' being pushed by the BBC; simply broadcasting the family's (understandable) pleas does not constitute support for this young woman to return; indeed it highlights the wretched nature of this b*tch. I am sure there are sections of society who out of altruism or religious zealotry feel she should be given a second chance, but that sin't going to happen.

There are the sheer mechanics of this: she has to get out of her YPG refugee camp and then cross (probably illegally) into one of four neighboring countries. And remember, the UK does not recognise the YPG so (conveniently) cannot seek extradition nor accept expulsions from them.
  • Turkey: now a very hard 800km-odd border guarded by the Jandarma and with strict instructions to repel refugees or to seize them if they cross and then handed over to DGMM - and detention. She would need to pass through SDF/YPG territory and into a border zone currently subject to very active Turkish joint fires.
  • Lebanon: having to cross through regime-held territory (very difficult) and to another hard(ish) border, now reinforced with UK and US trained Border Regiments.
  • Jordan: Jordan's northern border is still relatively open but the 3 x QRF Bns and the Border Police are well trained by UK and US (and others) and have very good ISR capabilities, like Lebanon. Absolutely no local appetite to absorb ex IS fan club members.
  • Iraq: Huge amount of hostile territory to cover to get to Irbil (where there is a British Consulate) or to Baghdad. Very unlikely to be received with any warmth by the ISF; most likely to go into detention (again).

Latest Threads