Schoolgirls Heading for Syria

Taking your points in turn:

1. Yes, many are fleeing genuine oppression / persecution; many are not. Many are economic chancers who are playing the "oppression / persecution" card in order to try to ease their way into states where they will have better life opportunities. Many are jihadist-oriented types who are utilising the opportunity to get to states where they will establish themselves and eventually get into a position whereby they can carry out acts of terror. So yes, you are right, many are fleeing genuine oppression / persecution, but there is no suitable mechanism in place to sift out the genuine from the malign & the chancers.

2. We have neither the space or the money. Local authorities have huge shortages of suitable accommodation for UK nationals, let alone those who may wish to enter from foreign shores, regardless of how sad their story of oppression / persecution might be. Regarding money, social services and health care are at nigh-on breaking point at the moment. I am sure I am not alone in questioning why an 85yr old man who has paid taxes, NI and other contributions all of his working life has to wait 18 months for a replacement hip operation whilst some waster from the Gambia has her children delivered in Bart's in London and pays not a thing for the privilege. It's just plain wrong.

3. Good and just starts at home, I'd suggest. The generation who defeated Nazism, the greatest evil that the world has ever seen, now die of cold in sub-standard housing or see out their last days in council-run care establishments that I wouldn't put a dog in. Meanwhile, happy-clappy numpties tell us that there is plenty of money to take in hundreds of thousands of people who do not share our values, ethics and ideas of right & wrong.

It's all about priorities; happy-clappy types prioritise refugees/chancers over our own vulnerable, and castigate anyone who thinks that we should reverse this outlook as - you guessed it - racist or prejudiced.

Baglock, you say..... another twat to put on ignore.

wilfred

War Hero
Several high profile people have offered to put up refugees.

We do have mechanisms to take in folk when needed. There is a scheme I am aware of that takes in the children of the people of Ukraine to give the children a respite from the background radiation there.
The children from the Ukraine are here for short term respite care with a definite plan to return to the Ukraine.

Unlike the others you wish to invite.

Maybe we could afford to do more if everyone paid their fair share of taxes instead of getting involved in tax mitigation schemes.

Nothing like a wealthy celebrity telling you to give money when they won't themselves and even charge for their appearance.

Waiting for the abuse from our resident tax mitigation expert, trolling the bigots so hard that he doesn't notice that he is the bigot.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

We take people here short term, then they return to their own country

"Several high profile people have offered to put up refugees"

Name one that has, they're all wind and piss
Indeed!
9CE459CA-9262-4771-BA94-6336329A5621.jpeg

The Archbishop of Canterbury was going to put Syrian refugees in his gatehouse. (might have been outhouse, wash-house or shed) Unfortunately to this day he hasn't been able to find 'suitable' people so that he could fulfill his generous offer. I expect that the other people who you are thinking of have done better and were not out just for the headlines.

Lifeboat21

Old-Salt
Why make to offer then, when you are not in a position to do it, or is it, you say and others must do
you are coming across as a bit of a pratt
Once the children have finished at university I am sure we could use their bedrooms, once we know they are stable and secure in their future.

anglo

LE
Once the children have finished at university I am sure we could use their bedrooms, once we know they are stable and secure in their future.
Are you going to pay for these visitors to your abode out of your own pocket,
you could take in some of your own country people who are in dire need

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The Archbishop of Canterbury was going to put Syrian refugees in his gatehouse. (might have been outhouse, wash-house or shed) Unfortunately to this day he hasn't been able to find 'suitable' people so that he could fulfill his generous offer. I expect that the other people who you are thinking of have done better and were not out just for the headlines.
These:

These:

Oh, dear:

So Jo Brand comment on violence toward specific MPs = funny, ARRSE comment on violence toward crooks/MPs in general = murder plan.

Did your sense of humour get shot off during the war or are you particularly sad today ?

If it's that bad, shuffle off and put another vinyl Weller number on the turntable.

Why make to offer then, when you are not in a position to do it, or is it, you say and others must do
you are coming across as a bit of a pratt

My bold, that must be the understatement of the year!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
No but I fully support the idea, if a suitable mechanism could be put in place. Obviously we'd have to conduct DBS checks on those offering their homes to ensure that the refugees they were offering to shelter were safe.
What about conducting checks on the "refugees" as well to ensure those doing the sheltering were safe, checks such as fingerprints, dental checks to find out that "little Abdul" really is 14 and not 34, criminal background checks using facial recognition?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

We do have mechanisms to take in folk when needed. There is a scheme I am aware of that takes in the children of the people of Ukraine to give the children a respite from the background radiation there.
I haven't seen any pics of Lily Allen or Yvette Cooper welcoming little Abdul/Nbongwe into their homes as yet, are they doing it secretly so the XRW can't find them? You'd think being celebs, they'd love their fissog all over the news!

What about conducting checks on the "refugees" as well to ensure those doing the sheltering were safe, checks such as fingerprints, dental checks to find out that "little Abdul" really is 14 and not 34, criminal background checks using facial recognition?
That's a great idea and should be implemented - but sadly you'll have Lefty mongs deploying their race-cards in droves to defend these Gimmigrants.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I only have a four bedroom house and they are all taken unfortunately.
Move your kids in together, if it's good enough for refugees to be living 10 to a room, it's good enough for your kids, set an example to other people.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
That's a great idea and should be implemented - but sadly you'll have Lefty mongs deploying their race-cards in droves to defend these Gimmigrants.
There's a little phrase I like to use at times like this - Fuck'em!

Latest Threads