Schoolgirls Heading for Syria

Can you please explain that.
Perfectly legal tax avoidance schemes (tax evasion is illegal) that HMRC is now retrospectively deeming illegal and claiming all the tax thus saved plus penalties be repaid. This stems from the fatuous "morally wrong" bollocks that politicians spout every so often about tax avoidance schemes. ISAs and pensions anyone?

Perfectly legal tax avoidance schemes (tax evasion is illegal) that HMRC is now retrospectively deeming illegal and claiming all the tax thus saved plus penalties be repaid. This stems from the fatuous "morally wrong" bollocks that politicians spout every so often about tax avoidance schemes. ISAs and pensions anyone?
interesting.
I thought that retrospective laws were illegal for obvious reasons.
Thanks for that.

interesting.
Thanks for that.
They were, but as a result of an HMRC Tardis and Governments from Brown through the Coalition and today's mess ignoring the law and using the moral argument, at least 50k and quite likely more users of some very questionable tax AVOIDANCE (look it up avoidance is perfectly legal, it's EVASION that's criminal) schemes have effectively been retrospectively made criminals.
I don't defend those schemes as they were marketed to a lot of people in my line of work and I dodged the bullet, but an awful lot of greedy people didn't. The fact is at the time they were run they WERE legal and exploiting loopholes in bad tax legislation.

Using a similar morally convoluted argument I'd vote for the entire extended family and friends network of the scumbags that went to IS lands be forcibly removed from the UK to the nastiest fly blown shithole we can find, deposited from the back of a Fat Albert and include the legal parasites that try to support them.

With oblivious irony like that you'd be excused for thinking it was Bravo_Bravo.

Another comment from someone responsible for moulding children was, "when I see something like that I just think: 'remove it.'"
She'd last seconds few at a decent school.
She’d be a bit confused in any Bradford school where 10% of the girls are called Begum...

Not lies really.

She was certainly coerced into going. We know that's the MO of daesh*t.

That said the excuses seem a bit hollow.

Didn't know about police interview? Iirc letters were sent home that the girls somehow failed to pass on. Further more I find it hard to believe that the school just allowed ct officers access into school.

'Litany of failures' by local council, police and school led teenage girl to join Isis, lawyer claims

More likely that the parents were looking but not seeing.
Many parents routinely root through their kid’s bags to recover letters sent out by schools, however, I don’t believe that a child going missing wasn’t all over rumour control within hours, particularly in certain ‘close knit’ communities.
Schools are designed to educate children, parents are supposed to raise them...

Sort of, but not really.
EBTs just reeked of evasion. Anyone thinking they could enter into these arrangements and avoid tax was deluded. The whole premise was false, and I have zero sympathy for anyone caught.
I used to be very active in this area, writing BPRA, VCT type business, plus some film schemes. (Not Eclipse 35... Aaaargh)
We wouldnt touch EBTs.

What IS wrong IMO is for HMRC to retrospectively make fundamental changes to eg. BPRA, and issue APNs.
Some utterly decent people are facing ruin because of this, at least one guy, I knew, Stephen Bantoft, took his own life because of it.

Sort of, but not really.
EBTs just reeked of evasion. Anyone thinking they could enter into these arrangements and avoid tax was deluded. The whole premise was false, and I have zero sympathy for anyone caught.
I used to be very active in this area, writing BPRA, VCT type business, plus some film schemes. (Not Eclipse 35... Aaaargh)
We wouldnt touch EBTs.
I never touched them I'm risk averse, I just don't like the idea of retrospective tax legislation it rather makes tax planning a bit of a gamble. How can you be sure in the future that some legal now won't in the future be retrospectively deemed to be illegal?

But then it's not the first time they've tried it on, remember Section 660A and the revenue reinterpreting legislation in new and novel ways and hoping to claim a big tax bounty

interesting.
Thanks for that.
That's my understanding too, but from what I've seen, HMRC say the rules where in place already, but interpreted incorrectly.
They demand payment NOW, threatening all kinds of wor. A lot of people just cave, regardless, as HMRC have deeper pockets than anyone.

Sort of, but not really.
We wouldnt touch EBTs.

What IS wrong IMO is for HMRC to retrospectively make fundamental changes to eg. BPRA, and issue APNs.
Some utterly decent people are facing ruin because of this, at least one guy, I knew, Stephen Bantoft, took his own life because of it.
The schemes stank to hell to me which is why I sent every sales twerp off with a flea in their ear and I was approached by several dozen over years, that being said while they were sailing VERY close to evasion they weren't over the line. HMRC should have been prevented from their farcical Tardis use, the moral argument was absurd at best as corporations and the importantly wealthy have used similar "immoral" avoidance for decades.

I'd be more than happy to see retrospective abortions applied to each and every Daeshite, be it by aggravated lead poisoning, rope, hellfire or righteously vengeful ex slave.

They've certainly not got that spring in their step anymore.
The interview went like this.

'good morning, good morning'
'getting better'
'everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey'
'I am the Walrus'
'don't let me down'
'don't bother me'
'don't pass me by'
'do you want to know a secret?'
'black bird'?
'and your bird can sing'
'all together now'
'ask me why's
'baby, it's you'
'baby's in black'
'because'
'being for the benefit of Mr kite'
'black bird's
'chain's
'carry that weight'
'do you want to know a secret'
'cry baby cry'
'from me to you'
'every little thing'
'happiness is a warm gun'
'I'll get yyou '
'I'm a loser'

Further revelations May be released...

Just a hunch: in the not too distant future we will find out Begum has been back in UK for a while.
That's a really cynical view!

I'd be far from shocked if it's accurate although odds are she would be in some ID changed witness protection scheme and protected. I just hope no poor sod from military, security or diplomatic services were put at any risk getting the slime out. I'd far rather she faces prosecution for her crimes where they were committed in Syria/Iraq.

Latest Threads