Schoolgirls Heading for Syria

You have to be given permission by the (higher) court to appeal, you can't just keep banging them in until you get lucky
And the pleadings for that permission is funded by taxpayers in legal aid cases. Ditto the next appeal if granted and unsuccessful in the higher court.

We know damn well the rate of appeal in legal aid cases is higher by a magnitude of crazy than in defendant funded cases. The system as is does not work.

Equally the situation of justice being limited to the wealthy cannot be good for us all either.
No indeed, that is bad as the current perverse incentives for the plainly guilty and their lawyers to waste our time and money.

Just chucking ideas out but how about the alleged criminal is made responsible for their lawyers fees.

Plead guilty the taxpayer will swallow the cost of your brief pleading mitigation.

Plead not guilty and found to be innocent ditto.

Plead not guilty and found guilty you are responsible for working off the debt owed to the taxpayer (as is the reality for those not entitled to legal aid now).

Appeal vexatiously and you may be paying off the debt for the rest of your life.

How do you write ‘Irma Grese’ in Arabic ?

How do you write ‘Irma Grese’ in Arabic ?
الذئبة
"Dhibah" is a she wolf, but the whole "she wolf of the SS" doesn't have a cultural comparison.

I think we're back to the whole black crows thing.

The collective noun for a group of crows, of course, being "a murder".

How apt.

الذئبة
"Dhibah" is a she wolf, but the whole "she wolf of the SS" doesn't have a cultural comparison.

I think we're back to the whole black crows thing.

The collective noun for a group of crows, of course, being "a murder".

How apt.
Trust some smart arse to come along and correctly answer what was actually a rhetorical question!

I wouldn’t have expected anything less here of course ;)

Trust some smart arse to come along and correctly answer what was actually a rhetorical question!

I wouldn’t have expected anything less here of course ;)
Sorry, must have had my "literal" head on this evening.

Sorry, must have had my "literal" head on this evening.
It’s hard work when you’re on... always end up on wiki or google and get caught up in the resultant whirlpool!

I'm surprised the government haven't done a "David Kelly" on that bitch trying to get back to UK (a place she hates). Maybe she is depressed due to the loss of her spogs - and will commit suicide (one can only hope), and then we won't need to fund the bitch's legal aid - which we shouldn't need to do anyway as she's no longer a British Citizen.

I'm in the "Leave her to rot in Syria" party but if she has to come back,
How about she goes and lives with Pixie Balls?
That way Balls gets the immigrant she promised to take in.

How about she just stand trial for membership of a proscribed organisation or any of the other serious offences we can reasonably suspect her of having committed?

She's our rubbish, we should pick it up.

If the Home Secretary hadn't tried his Crown Perogative option we wouldn't have given mischief making lawyers and community activities a chance.

It takes skill to try and make a committed Islamist look sympathetic. Let her stand trial and make a spectacle of herself, and her views. Then put them all back in the ir hateful little box, rathrr than allow them to sit and blame any else but themselves for their own mess.

...Token sentence, back in circulation among those she despises in a year or two so she can continue sponging off them and spreading her poison would be the result.

It'll only justify her view and that of others like her that she's right and the infidel is weak and ready to be dominated.

Latest Threads