Schoolgirls Heading for Syria

You are assuming that they were Bangladeshi by descent rather than by birth. That is the only situation where being over 21 is relevant. If they were Bangladeshi by birth registration (and all the information I've seen - such as Begum's father only moving to the UK in 2007 - suggests this), then they had no reason or need to reapply for citizenship. The reapplication rule applies only to those with Bangladeshi citizenship by descent, not by birth registration.
That's not the way I read section 14. It appears to me to apply to all Bangladeshi citizens irrespective of how they acquired their citizenship (I am assuming her parents are Bangladeshi by birth). Once they acquire a second citizenship then their Bangladeshi citizenship falls away automatically once they are 21 unless they apply for a DNC under the 1951 Act.

14. (1) Subject to the provisions of this section if any person is a citizen of Bangladesh under the provisions of this Act, and is at the same time a citizen or national of any other country, he shall, unless he makes a declaration according to the laws of that other country renouncing his status as citizen or national thereof, cease to be a citizen of Bangladesh.

(1A) Nothing in sub-section (1) applies to a person who has not attained twenty-one years of his age.

(2) Nothing in sub-section (1) shall apply to any person who is a subject of an Acceding State so far as concerns his being a subject of that State.
But this is somewhat contradicted by the 2008 SRO which suggests that a person can hold both Bangladeshi and UK citizenship (and these two only) with no time limit, without the need of a DNC, just as long as they have not taken an oath that affects their obedience to Bangladesh. This is in effect now, of course, but would not have been the case in 2000, but it is unclear if this was just an attempt to provide clarification of a preceeding 1972 Order. Even Bangladeshi law professors do not seem to be able to agree on it - which is what has let other applicants to the SIAC win their appeals in the past.

Hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But we are not out yet.

In the meantime J Corbyn has once again demonstrated his utter disregard for the norms of the British Isles. Their concerns, their standards, their concerns for the vile behaviour of daesh and all it represented that this apology for a ‘British Subject’ renounced, and went willingly to the dystopian behaviour they demonstrated, advertised, and drew her to them. All of which she happily admits.

It seems no behaviour would persuade this appology of a would be ‘leader’ of our nation that revocation of Citizenship is deserved. The mealy mouthed interview on the BBC this evening was sickening in its hypocrisy. Mr Corbyn blasted Home Secretary Sajid Javid’s decision to strip Begum of her British passport as “very extreme”. How would he describe the behaviour of daesh that this woman felt was worth following, and worthy of travelling to attracted by their sickening video ‘advertising’ for followers.

There must be at least a few who would happily strip him of his citizenship. He certainly wasn’t being as generous to the Labour bailouts who he feel should be stripped of their party membership... despite the fact that they had left!!!.

This daesh follower has found a champion to return her her to be supported and looked after by the British taxpayer.

Farage is being rather mild.
'Tone is WRONG' Farage's BRUTAL swipe at Corbyn for wanting to 'welcome back' ISIS bride

Others would have him tarred, feathered and run out of town.
It would seem that in Corbyn’s eyes the only crime one can commit against this country is to be a Tory. All else is acceptable.

Mr Jericho's sensible take on our American cousin's similar ISIS Bride debacle...

:applaud:

Interesting priorities for the BBC and Sky 'exclusive' headlines; Begum family challenge Javid on citizenship, and Islamic State bride Shamima Begum: I am willing to change.

Begum, her family and lawyer, and the inane chattering classes all bumping their gums for a jihadi, they're all a dab hand at the cult of victimhood.

All systems normal then.

Playing along with the victim is a great way to feed one's own self-sense of superiority, the people who play the victim are just plain ******* stupid to see they are being fleeced by a simpleton who thinks they are clever by speaking in tongues to make the victim feel 'speshal.

They are not fooling many.
Isolate, sever and cauterize them from anything that enables them to do any further damage.

Wasn't that shown to be one of the other girls Father ( correct me if i am wrong)
Not going to argue with you, but as far as I recall the twat was her papa. However it might not be her real father as in brought her up, but simply the sperm donner. Do they actually produce sperm or,is it the devil’s seed?

Yes, yes, but think of all the pussy that you might get.
Yep, rancid, well used by all them Islamic ‘worriers’. Yech, then their is the question of smell. I mean wearing that bin bag all the time in 50degree heat has to have an effect on their body hygiene. I think it must be akin to the smell of a cadaver who died of cancer, which is 10* worse than when said cadaver farts whilst die’ing.

How many times does it have to be pointed out to some people? We are NOT “out” of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) at the end of March. We may or may not be out of the European Union (EU). However the ECHR is nothinng to do with the EU. It is an international treaty to which the UK is a signatory.

The UK will continue to be a signatory to The ECHR after it leaves the EU. The European Court of Human Rights will continue to have jurisdiction over human rights matters subject to the Convention after the UK has left the EU.

How many times does it have to be pointed out to some people? We are NOT “out” of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) at the end of March. We may or may not be out of the European Union (EU). However the ECHR is nothinng to do with the EU. It is an international treaty to which the UK is a signatory.

The UK will continue to be a signatory to The ECHR after it leaves the EU. The European Court of Human Rights will continue to have jurisdiction over human rights matters subject to the Convention after the UK has left the EU.
So how do we get out out of the ECHR? Perhaps we could hold a referendum......oh hang on.

Not from under the jurisdixtion of the ECHR we're not, as it's an entirely different entity to the EU.
My bad! Was thinking of ECJ.

I hope I misheard it on radio 4 this morning but I think they said that there were 12 more British women in the refugee camps who want to return.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

I hope I misheard it on radio 4 this morning but I think they said that there were 12 more British women in the refugee camps who want to return.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Bless their little cotton socks. They none of them imagined for a moment what it was they were getting themselves into when they went off to marry a terrorist and live under a murderous, brutal, mediaeval regime. Let them all come home and give them a house each and some benefits.

How many innocent little baby terrorists have they got between them? Don't forget that they deserve generous benefits, health-care etc too. Otherwise how will they be expected to grow up as strong, healthy soldiers for the cause?

Bless their little cotton socks. They none of them imagined for a moment what it was they were getting themselves into when they went off to marry a terrorist and live under a murderous, brutal, mediaeval regime. Let them all come home and give them a house each and some benefits.

How many innocent little baby terrorists have they got between them? Don't forget that they deserve generous benefits, health-care etc too. Otherwise how will they be expected to grow up as strong, healthy soldiers for the cause?
Hey! Allah will provide!
The proof is kuffah delivering.

I bet most of them thought Daesh was never going to be defeated in the early days when they were parading all that captured US hardware around and routing the Iraqi army with ease. I wonder if there is an ISIS commander doing a very good impression of Hitler in the last days of the Reich right now as they are beaten back into the last square mile of territory they hold.

I bet most of them thought Daesh was never going to be defeated in the early days when they were parading all that captured US hardware around and routing the Iraqi army with ease. I wonder if there is an ISIS commander doing a very good impression of Hitler in the last days of the Reich right now as they are beaten back into the last square mile of territory they hold.

I imagine that the leaders are already safely back home in Saudi, Iran, Pakistan or Chechnya, and that they've left their peasant footsoldiers to meet the grinder.

Latest Threads