Schoolboys disciplined for refusing to pray to Allah

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bobthedog, Jul 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Absolutely unacceptable; the teacher should be fired.

(although I'm surprised none of the kids thought to shout "durka durka Mohammed jihad!" very loudly)

2. I am quite happy for discussions of other religions to take place in Religious Education within the schools, but this goes too far in my book.

It is good for children to appreciate that other religions exist and what their beliefs are, but to force it in this way is absolutely wrong, and would lead me to the conclusion that we shouldnt involve our schoolchildren in religious education within the school.

I would rather that our children were taught to read and write properly rather than waste their tme on RE.

3. only the thought of double detention i suspect

4. msr

msr LE

Myth and superstition have no place in modern education or society.

msr

5. No but teaching understanding of other peoples beliefs does. We had quite enough on our hands in NI over Catholic and Proddy myth and superstition for example.

However the teacher (and speaking as one) needs a rather large amount of attitude readjustment. Totally unacceptable in her attitudes, explanation of objectives, understanding of children, and sensitivity to their position.

How easy to use that refusal as a start point for discussion on differences in beliefs and why it causes conflict. To simply punish them is to create conflict.
    Totally braindead.

("Here" he says surprised, "what's female for tosser?")

6. msr

msr LE

What they actually believe is that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in all humans because a woman made from a rib was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree and thereby pissing off an invisible wizard who lives in the sky. Makes perfect sense really.

7. Stupid btch will cover it, she sems to fit the profile well.

8. I hope he didn't rise from the English department. Sounds like a Geography master to me.

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Wah....Must've been absent that day!

10. Can you imagine the uproar if a little raghead was made to pray to an infidels God? Ji-fucking-had-tastic I'm sure.

The problem with Muslims is not the Muslims but the non Muslim liberal idiots who force the issue on other non Muslims and cry 'racist or biggot' if they are told to fcuk off.

11. I am outraged!!!

12. he sounds o/c gardening department to me.

seriously though nothing suprises me with our p.c. culture these days.very sad state of affairs. :(

13. I blame the muslims.....

14. I'm intrigued as to the religious background of those who refused to pray. If they'd been Hindus, or Buddhists, then I can see the point. My suspicion is that they are badly briefed, 'post-Christians'. In which case the fact that the parents can complain that, '[Allah] is not who they pray to', shows nothing more than the ignorance of the commentator. Since Allah, YWHY and the Christian God are, by definition, one and the same.

Would they have taken the same line if asked to put on kippurs, or the robes of, say, the Dominicans? I blame the RE teachers. Oh, hang on...

I like MSR's thing about the Jewish zombie, but actually what the overwhelming majority of theists believe in is, 'nothing coherent whatsoever', they've never spent any amount of time consciously and seriously considering that which they profess to be the most important thing in their lives. The very hallmark of organised religion is authority over the ignorant and credulous.