School with no pupils must stay open

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Aug 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why?

"Because The Welsh Assembly has told the local authority it must go through the correct procedures before the school can be shut.

Those included a lengthy statutory consultation period with people in the area, before the issue can be fully discussed by Carmarthenshire council. The whole process could take more than a year to complete.

In the meantime, it would be illegal for the school to shut, even though not a single pupil will be taught. "

Ah, procedures. So how about some common sense then?

School with no pupils must stay open - Telegraph
  2. msr

msr LE

You have answered your own question
  3. What a bunch of cocks.
  4. It beggars belief that a buch of idiot jobsworth, supposedly intelligent, civil servants, cannot see the gross stupidity in this action, a bit like the morons who insisted on leaving lights on in a derelict school to "protect" vandals! :- Leave lights on for the vandals: Council has 'duty of care' to protect intruders from school hazards | Mail Online
    FFS when are the idiots in these positions going to get a wake up call to reality? The sooner they have a purge to get these cretins out of these jobs and into the real world the better!!
  5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

The legacy of packing the CS and Local Authority rolls with Labour-voting halfwits (they have to be the latter to be the former) is going to take years to unravel. Particularly as the jobsworths will use every trick to protect their own. Such a pity what might have been a ruthless cleaning of the public stable OUTSIDE Defencewill now be hampered by Limpdim nitwits.

As a starter, I would shut down entirely the Dept of Education and let the locals get on with it, on a fixed capitation basis delivered as vouchers to parents, and as vouchers to 18+ who can qualify for a Uni place allocated by a small committee prioritising on mathematics, science, technology and engineering. And next Tuesday I would put the Arts Council up against the wall and shoot the lot.
  6. oi spacker, they're my bunch of retards
    get yer feckin own to piss on
  7. Yes, how very Lefty.
  8. The problem then would be no national standard obliging local schools to offer a decent education; you'd get church schools running creationism in science lessons, madrassas offering little besides Koranic studies and lots of lefty Guardian-wavers with their English literature and sociology.

Quite why nobody foresaw that this school would be empty some time in advance and started procedures to close it then I don't know.