School to buy washing machine for dirty children..

Wishful thinking in the hope they shrink to a size too small to bother with.
Shrink? You've cured childhood obesity with a simple domestic appliance.

It shouldn't be long before washing machines are available on prescription.

There should be a license to have children. Too many are popping out kids when they aren't even capable of looking after themselves, have a steady job or a home. Responsible people tend to want financial stability first and not have bastard, feral children outside of marriage.
That requires a different thread altogether.:)

I spoz you would bring back German rules to get rid of them.
That hit closer than you think
I think you're reading something into my post that I didn't write. I'm not suggesting forced euthanasia or gas chambers; I'm not suggesting anything. I'm simply informing Arrse of my wife's experience working in a school that already washes kids' kit on a regular basis.

Not quite sure what you mean by "That hit closer than you think"? Is that an Ellesmere Port in-joke, or are you just fishing for a bite?

To be honest, I wasn't really surprised when I read the headline, and I too, was of the opinion of it's s**t parenting.

That said, I had family "oop North", though we aren't a "northern" family, by any means.

Whilst wandering around the town up there (it's one on the coast with a BFO tower), I've always been amazed at the amount of, clearly, unemployed, and indeed unemployable, spongers walking around with cans of beer at 10am walking back from the job centre etc. So, again, the headline was no surprise.

However, that town is full of places like, to name but one, Brighthouse. I have stood, almost open mouthed, at the things that they have in their window, such as TV's and Washing Machines, that are overpriced to start with and then have "affordable, weekly" payments at, competley outrageous interest rates. IIRC one washing machine, nothing special, was around £450 (could have been bought for at least £100 less online) but when paid for over the three or four years would have cost nearly £1500.

Some people are living, literally hand to mouth in that they just cannot scrape together the £100 to pay outright for a decent used machine and are therefore forced to use launderettes at, again, exorbitant rates (best part of a tenner for a wash and dry), so that money cannot be saved towards a used machine.

I don't feel that this totally excuses people, they shill have the option of doing by hand, and should be doing so, IMHO.

Do do think, though, that sometimes, the people that can afford it least, just can't catch a break.

One of the things that I really like about this forum that that, just occasionally, someone gives me a new angle on something that I really hadn't considered. @Slime at post #29 did just that. I really hadn't considered all those that are in B&B and temporary accommodation etc. I'd simply looked at it from my own, personal experiences.

Please, don't get me wrong. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, not in any way. And I've seen, first hand, some of the appalling conditions that some people allow themselves to live in and, I'd like to see Social Services take them in hand and, at times, take those poor kids away to some place where they can get a chance at life, to make something of themselves. Whilst the house may be in need of decoration etc, no excuse for the dirt and filth that I've seen, that's just laziness, in some cases, and failure of "care in the community" in others. But, some are there through no fault of their own, and they are trying to do their best, but just cannot catch a break. My eyes have been opened on more than one occasion just recently.

How difficult is it to add a bottle of Febreeze to the shoplifting?
Well, best look upon it from an aspect that they really are different creatures operating on a totally different and disfunctional sensory plain. For example, take a Spaniel. It delights in sticking it's nose *********** of another as a greeting. The stench of another's shit is just...well...heaven. Now, try and spray that Spaniel with Fabreeze? Like nailing a trifle to a sheet of armour with needles. Plus, there is every chance of losing a pint or two of blood.
At least Spaniels love water. In short, they are actually an evolutionary level above pikey scum.

With all the sex abuse charges against old kiddy fiddling educators , is it really a good idea to have children hanging about the school naked while their clothes are washed?

Well, best look upon it from an aspect that they really are different creatures operating on a totally different and disfunctional sensory plain. For example, take a Spaniel. It delights in sticking it's nose *********** of another as a greeting. The stench of another's shit is just...well...heaven. Now, try and spray that Spaniel with Fabreeze? Like nailing a trifle to a sheet of armour with needles. Plus, there is every chance of losing a pint or two of blood.
At least Spaniels love water. In short, they are actually an evolutionary level above pikey scum.
They're disgusting creatures who sniff each other's bottoms, dribble and snot everywhere and poo all over the garden. That's enough about pikeys anyway, did you mention spaniels? Lovely dogs those, I used to have one.

Last edited:
Perhaps kids should have care instruction labels tattooed onto their necks.

"Keep away from fire" would stop the budding arsonists in their tracks.

A long time ago, I did a lot of work on School Board primary schools. There were a whole lot of these red-brick schools built around the 1880s, when some Education Act first made attendance at primary schools mandatory.

I wonder why politicians of that time, years before pensions and the welfare state, decided to make education compulsory?

I also wonder if that might ever change, given the behaviour of all those parents of Chardonnay, Wayne, etc?

I think you're reading something into my post that I didn't write. I'm not suggesting forced euthanasia or gas chambers; I'm not suggesting anything. I'm simply informing Arrse of my wife's experience working in a school that already washes kids' kit on a regular basis.

Not quite sure what you mean by "That hit closer than you think"? Is that an Ellesmere Port in-joke, or are you just fishing for a bite?
Nope I have personally had to live with what you call "spas & mongs" who have had children who went on to join the Royal Navy and made a good life for themselves.

Nope I have personally had to live with what you call "spas & mongs" who have had children who went on to join the Royal Navy and made a good life for themselves.
Good for you, have a red laboon.

I wonder why politicians of that time, years before pensions and the welfare state, decided to make education compulsory?

I also wonder if that might ever change, given the behaviour of all those parents of Chardonnay, Wayne, etc?
For the economy. Workers who were unable to read and so on could not perform the jobs asked of them.

..................... I know what my new business venture will be.
There was a lady lived down the road from us in one of the really posh houses, her hubby was in the oil industry and used to vanish for week's at a time to sandy parts.

In her boredom she started a little venture ironing for the other lady's who lunch in the village. Word spread like wildfire and she converted one of her garages, carpeted, big table, built in clothes rail, shelves, ironing press, commercial steam iron. Then she had to get a little car type van for collections and deliveries, employed a couple of the village wimmin and was doing a roaring trade. She used to work till 8 or 9 in the evening, telly in the ironing workshop.

I costed setting up a student laundry with collection and delivery, give out laundry bags, set price for a bag full, under cutting the local launderettes. Never got to it as house fixing up took priority, it has potential in student land though.

I costed setting up a student laundry with collection and delivery, give out laundry bags, set price for a bag full, under cutting the local launderettes. Never got to it as house fixing up took priority, it has potential in student land though.
Students? Laundry? Two words that are rarely seen in the same sentence. They stuff it all into black bin bags and take it back to Mum at the end of term, the gopping soap-dodging knobs.

For the economy. Workers who were unable to read and so on could not perform the jobs asked of them.
One set of those plans I mentioned, was marked 'Clerk of Works Copy', used on site for the duration of the works and returned, spotless, on completion of the new school. The average bricklayer, carpenter, plumber, etc., could not read and needed the CofW to read the drawings and provide clear verbal instructions.

Once the working classes could read, they organised themselves and then started reading subversive texts that suggested their social superiors and betters weren't, but had just done better in the birth lottery.

Last edited:
One set of those plans I mentioned, was marked 'Clerk of Works Copy', used on site for the duration of the works and returned, spotless, on completion of the new school. The average bricklayer, carpenter, plumber, etc., could not read and needed the CofW to read the drawings and provide clear verbal instructions.

Once the working classes could read, they organised themselves and then started reading subversive texts that suggested their social superiors and betters weren't, but had just done better in the birth lottery.
This makes more sense to me. I think that compulsion for education was more about some sort of Victorian, Christian idea of civic progress. Illiterates built the cathedrals, and even today in the bits of developing world I've worked in, most of the 'working' classes are functionally illiterate, including deminers and EOD team members (No 2's in our terms).

So, given increasing problems with Wayne and Waynetta, I can imagine the government relaxing the compulsion to attend schools, dressing it up in recognising the rights of little Chardonnay and Brooklyn to have their 'freedom'. Many of them are already congenitally unemployed, so no loss to the workforce, just so long as they have their 'panem et circenses'.

Now, what time is 'Big Brother' on?

Last edited:

Latest Threads