School to buy washing machine for dirty children..

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is too easy to miss.

"A primary school is considering providing a washing machine for parents who cannot afford to keep their children's clothes clean."

School may get washing machine for pupils

Never mind that many generations have managed to keep their children relatively clean and that it was a point of pride certainly in my grandmother's day that you went out clean and in clean clothes, scrubbed by hand normally.

Fuuuuucking pikey cnuts.

The lack of parental responsibility as usual not touched on by the BBC. cnuts.

"A primary school is considering providing a washing machine for parents who cannot afford to keep their children's clothes clean."

Never mind that many generations have managed to keep their children relatively clean and that it was a point of pride certainly in my grandmother's day that you went out clean and in clean clothes, scrubbed by hand normally.

Fuuuuucking pikey cnuts.

I'm not sure you're allowed to put school children in a washing machine.

It seems to be a pragmatic solution, with wages having been depressed for so long because of the influx of cheap labour there are bound to be instances of real poverty

And those having to use laundrettes it would get expensive pretty quickly if you have kids being kids, and getting their clothes dirty all the time

I'm not sure you're allowed to put school children in a washing machine.
I think it's ok as long as you leave it on 30C and don't use the spin cycle.

Fuuuuucking pikey cnuts.

I think some schools have been doing this for a while. ISTR hearing articles about this subject earlier in the year.

I give talks to PRUs and see a lot of disadvantaged kids, it’s mostly not their fault, but due to their shit parents. Buying them a washing machine is no good, the cloths still have to be put in then ironed and washing powder costs about the same as a packet of fags; you know what will take priority.

It would be better if schools had some form of Chinese laundry, it works for smelly matelots.

If penniless Africans & Indians can send their kids to school over miles of plain, white shirts and uniforms immaculate, (we have all seen this on TV documentaries) then the average Brit with running water can do the same.

Sink, soap, scrub?

I accept that money is very tight for a number of households, but this is really not like buying caviar.

Perhaps as liberals they ought to address the 'root cause' of the problem and lose the washing machine and just stock a fridge with White Lightening and chicken style nuggets and a cupboard with fake Rothmans then the patents might have a few bob 'spare' to wash their kids clothes.

Last edited:
I give talks to PRUs and see a lot of disadvantaged kids, it’s mostly not their fault, but due to their shit parents. Buying them a washing machine is no good, the cloths still have to be put in then ironed and washing powder costs about the same as a packet of fags; you know what will take priority.

It would be better if schools had some form of Chinese laundry, it works for smelly matelots.
My son's 12 (13 next week, scary biscuits!), my wife has kitted him out with non-ironing trousers (£5 per pair at Tesco) and non-ironing shirts (£10 for 3 at Asda), there's no need for ironing. I just wish the little bugger would take all the shoe cleaning/polishing lessons on board which I've given him.........

My son's 12 (13 next week, scary biscuits!), my wife has kitted him out with non-ironing trousers (£5 per pair at Tesco) and non-ironing shirts (£10 for 3 at Asda), there's no need for ironing. I just wish the little bugger would take all the shoe cleaning/polishing lessons on board which I've given him.........
Beasting to school after you clean them properly should do the trick.
I’m sure there is an old thread somewhere on this.

I'm sorry but how hard is it to buy a bar of soap to wash your bloody kids in the morning.
Can't afford a washing machine.. use the sink like they did in by gone days..I'm sure my ma never had washing powder in the 60's all the time but she got by.

Or is it against their umman rights now to look after their sprogs ffs.

I wasn't having a pop at you..

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

My wife worked at and then was head of a couple of PRUs in our area ( before moving on to a vastly more challenging type of school ) and what you say is so true. Ok, some parents did try and some were akin to the poor of the sort when I was young; no money, struggling to get along but fierce and proud and very houseproud. However, the later generations have not acquired that ethic, their priorities are so much more materialistic and the children suffer, as a result.

When I was a kid you had to smell a poor kid in order to identify them and make their lives a misery. Washing their clothes for them does highlight them as the children of tramps alas it'll be harder to smell them.

Another thing that the current generation won't get to enjoy; the innocent thrill of tormenting an already traumatised and scared fellow pupil.

Yeah but then you're into the whole minefield with half caste kids of whether you use Ariel for Whites or Coloureds.
There's precedence:

1529425765466.png

1529425819764.png

1529425840236.png

1529425856607.png

If penniless Africans & Indians can send their kids to school over miles of plain, white shirts and uniforms immaculate, (we have all seen this on TV documentaries) then the average Brit with running water can do the same.

Sink, soap, scrub?

I accept that money is very tight for a number of households, but this is really not like buying caviar.
An Indian I once worked with was brought up by his single mother on the streets of Calcutta. She ensured that he went to school in clean and ironed clothes every day, He has turned out to be a fine man too.

Fuuuuucking pikey cnuts.

Elementary school by me provides breakfast lunch and dinner to ANY* child that wants it.. we will end child hunger!

Seems like a good idea... But when the little darlings are getting dropped off, it looks like a premium car dealership out there.

Last edited: