School of Ammunition Aptitude Tests

Discussion in 'RLC' started by stubearatkins, Feb 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently, I am in the process of joining the Army as an Ammunition Technician. I recently completed ADSC (Army Development & Selection Centre) and passed to train as an Ammo Tech.

However, before I begin Phase 1 training I've been told I have to go to the Army School of Ammunition at Kineton to do some aptitude tests. Does anybody know what these tests consist of, or how I can prepare for them???

Any help would be appreciated!

2. As someone remarked after failing AT selection soon after it was introduced...

"Well I may as well apply to the RCB now..."

3. There are two stages to selection for becoming an AT.

1. AT Career Advisory Boards (ATCAB). These are run at Kineton and you will sit some tests, so brush up on your maths. You are also expected to have done some research on the internet (you will get given a distance learning pack too) so that you know about the history of the trade, its insignia and Army School of Ammo which is based at Kineton. It also requires to you to research the local area. The aim is to show that you have an enquiring mind and that you are prepared to 'put youself out' in order to become an AT. Finally there is an interview some of which will ask you to explain why you want to be an AT and why you think you would be comptent in the role. This board will give you clear direction as to your suitability and the areas in which you need to improve.

Part 2 -AT selection - is more of the same with a planning test, as well as more maths and pre-course reading into basic technical ammo information(this is also tested). Day 1 is about 3 hours of witten exams, Day 2 is a series of topical group discussions and an interview.

Only about 50% of those that reach AT selection pass and go on to attend the course.

So my advice is make sure your maths is squared away.

4. Cheers Postie. Looks like I'll have to dig out those maths revision books again.

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

You seem clued up. Have you taken the test?