School kids entitled to a free copy of MS Office ?

As a student I got a student version of MS Office installed on my laptop for free , are secondary school kids entitled to the same ? would save me a few quid if so as one of my brats is moaning they want Word.

Possibly.

Office 365 education edition for free - with valid 'academic email address'. That means similar to the MoDs Office licence on DII people with an MoD email can buy office for £9.99. If the school has the equivalent education licence then pupils/students can get it for free

Free Microsoft office: incl free Microsoft Word, Excel - MSE

Office for Students, Teachers, & Schools | Office | Microsoft

Failing that, anyone can have Office online for free

Free Microsoft Office Online, Word, Excel, Powerpoint

As a student I got a student version of MS Office installed on my laptop for free , are secondary school kids entitled to the same ? would save me a few quid if so as one of my brats is moaning they want Word.
The first hit is free

As @tommikka says - valid academic email address needed - but many schools have one - eg fred.bloggs.student@localhighschool.co.uk will probably be ok, but even better if it has an @ac.uk domain as they're restricted so there won't be any argument. My son is at 6th form at the moment and one of the first things they did was email him a link to get a copy of Office - don't know what will happen when he leaves, but as he's off to University (provided he doesn't fcuk it all up) he'll get another licence there.

I'll just stick to my 2007 copy until it can't be updated any more.

ETA - when he started high school, we did investigate it, but as I had a (then) new version, didn't pursue, but I think it was easy enough to do, just answering a few questions

Thanks for the heads up, buying Mrs Rebel new laptop. She is Uni lecturer so should be entitled to this deal.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads