As usual, advice required: My youngest lad (14 years old) has decided he doesn't want to return to his Mother down south and wants to go to school in this area. His mother has been the primary carer but he has told her he will not return to her. I cannot force him to go back. I have approached a local school today and now await a response from them. Has anyone been through this? Am I liable if he doesn't return? Does the new the school need his mothers consent? can he make up his own mind? Any constructive advice/help would be welcome. He is due to start back at his present school Thursday this week.