School Dinners Blog Embarrasses Govt

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BoomShackerLacker, Jun 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. NeverSeconds

More leadership in this nine year olds' pony tail than the entire Tory front bench
  2. Seems a very bright girl. Perhaps she could have given AMMM some tips about writing a blog which isn't completely self-obsessed...
  3. It would appear that she has been censored.

4. She has been banned from taking pics of her school meals.....

Martha Payne's Never Second's School Dinner Blogger Banned From Taking Photos

Shame really,but that is the way Local Authorities work,it is cheaper to stop the bad publicity than fix the problem.

She could get her classmates to take the pics for her.

Good luck to the girl she will go a long way in her life.............
  5. Free speech and all that! We should club together so she can take her school to the Human Rights courts... Having read the blog I cannot see for the life of me what she has done wrong.
  6. My God, the internets, if I'd posted up the slops they used to through to us there'd have been an international outcry. The food on the blog looks way better.

Argyll and Bute Council, need to be taken into a small room and twatted about the head with a phone directory.
  7. Idiots.
  8. I blame Maggie Thatcher.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The bane of Milk Monotors everywhere, that was to be my first step on the ladder to absolute power.
  10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

It isn't the school, it is the sodding council. Quite ridiculous and a glorious own goal from them. The council is run by a group including an Alliance of Independent Councillors, the Liberal Democrats and Conservative groups, making up 13 seats. SNP is the leading individual party with 9 seats but sits as the minority within the Council.

Why don't you have your say here?

Have Your Say | Argyll and Bute Council

The council could have encouraged and promoted this to show that things are getting better in their area. Instead, censoring a 9 year old with 2m+ visits to her site? Plain stupid.

edited once for clarity
  11. Having just heard this on the radio I think there is a large dose of pushy dad involved as well as the girl.

That said I don't see what harm she was doing. As people say the marks were pretty high in some cases. Photography is good and the dinners don't look bad. Not very big. But not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

The kid should be encouraged. School Head hadn't stopped it. The Council spokesman claimed that her blog was not representative as it did not show every choice that day and it was putting unfair pressure on staff Bollocks argument.

If the Council wants an argument they should talk to the Daily Record

PR shambles. My money is on the blog being back up in a week or so.
  12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Well she's just passed £14K for her chosen charity (Mary's Meals) and the council's response has been torn to shreds for being self serving illiterate bollocks (which it is).
  13. The council "wholly refutes the unwarranted attacks" on its catering service..............

ok...let us see the blog photo's then
  14. How can they stop her taking photos of something she owns?