Scholarship for marines?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Fezzick, Jan 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought this was probably the best place to put this question: if you go in for an army scholarship, can you get a commission in the marines? Ditto for any other sort of scholarship/bursary/whatever. Thanks!

2. The selection procedure for commissioning into the Army is attending the AOSB Briefing, then the AOSB main board, then the commissioning course at the RMAS.

The selection procedure for commissioning into the Marines is as I remember from looking into it several years ago attending the RM Potential Officers selection and then attending the Admiralty Interview Board followed by training at Lympstone.

So they are different selection processes entirely. So presumably if you are an Army bursar and decided on leaving uni you'd rather join the marines you'd have to pay your bursary back to the army, and then go and do marine officer selection from scratch- or indeed the other way around.

3. Well surely you will be after a 6th form scholarship/ degree bursary through the Royal Navy. I'm sure it wouldn't take you too long to find out what's available.

4. Two totally different processes. Look into officer applications for the Royal Navy; there's bursaries available for RM potential officers too.