Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scart to HDMI

I have a mirror up function and the camera shoots continuos video.
As for Richer sounds have not used them for years. But i have bought four or five components from them.
Every single one was faulty and had to be replaced with one that was fine.
I was unlucky i guess

I have a mirror up function and the camera shoots continuos video.
As for Richer sounds have not used them for years. But i have bought four or five components from them.
Every single one was faulty and had to be replaced with one that was fine.
I was unlucky i guess

I had to take a tape deck back in about 1983. Replaced without question.

Currently upgrading the surround sound system through them.

I had to take a tape deck back in about 1983. Replaced without question.

Currently upgrading the surround sound system through them.
Same thing with me.
I did notice that the replacements were fresh out of the factory and unopened where as the faulty ones seemed to have been opened and resealed.

If you need some decent advice look for Richer Sounds, I’ve always found them to be excellent.

Yup. My setup (bought gradually from Richer Sounds when I could afford it) lasted a good decade in my flat, and after a decade in the loft, went on to one of my skint new-graduate colleagues.

I spent a year working for a high-end hi-fi firm (lovely audio, shocking software practices, and toxic management) and took advantage of the staff purchase. Seventeen years later and it's still going strong, not bad for pre-production kit at 90% off...

Bear in mind the commercial reality of the electronics in your average hi-fi. A typical piece of kit will have a dealer margin of 50%, and a manufacturer margin of 50% before that. Half of that manufacturer cost will be overhead; half of the remainder will be labour (one rumour was that Bang&Olufsen ran a >60% dealer margin, which was why dealers were so happy to recommend it over the identically-priced box sat next to it on the shelf...)

In other words, a £300 box cost £37 to make, and has £18 of parts. The box, natty dials and switches, and the circuit board will take half. Which means the bill of materials for all the actual electronics is around £9. Do the same arithmetic for a £100 box, and you shouldn't be surprised that the ~£3 of electronics inside aren't that impressive.

...while I was working there, I had a CD player on the test rack at my desk that allegedly had £300 worth of components in it; independent left/right channels, dual-redundant clocking for the DACs, no expense spared (the casing was a £2k solid block of aluminium, milled out to take the transport and circuitry). It used to retail at £25k, but f**k me it was a beautiful piece of kit.

Last edited:
I have a pair of quad 11 amps plus pre amp and they will have a full factory service.
Unfortunatley they don't have consecutive serial numbers but they were the ones used back in the day to master a lot of classic Stones records.

I had Technics 9600 pre/power amps at Bunde in 77..... the ones the CO got the Guard round to turn off on a Sunday morning so they could have a quite Church service.