Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gedge, Jul 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dont supose so but is there anything about scars in that could hold someone back from joining? I say this because I used to do alot of caveing and have a rather assortment of mainly small scars but one large one on my chest, was thinking about getting it removed before I go too basic training (i presume a doctor can remove it) since its not like a small 1 its like a lump but a scar, had it for about 4years so not worried about it other than it does itch quite often and can be an irritation, hard toe xplain really, about the size of a 10 pence piece but sticks out a bit...

any help would be appreciated :)
  2. I had a heart operation when i was young and as a result i have a 10inch scar up my chest, plus i also a hernia treated on the top of my thigh which is about 4 inch's long. Admitedly i had a referal for my heart op, but that was nothing to do with the scars and i flew into basic. Im sure someone here with clarify that anyway.

/Didnt think you could 'remove' scars anyway unless you cover them heh
  3. Scars are recorded as recognizable features on your docs. I got a nice 7 1/2 inch one where a 303 ricochet hit me while in cadets. no one even gave a second look Picked up a few more along the way and god yeah the bloody itching I thought it was just me.:)
  4. Scars are not a problem dude.
    My nephew has one running from his forehead right down to his top lip.
    (Nasty pushbike/car accident).
    Breezed through training, and is now with his Reg. Theycall him Zippy for some bizarre reason......
    Go for it !!
  5. ah chears, well wen i said removed i ment more like reduced, because its stick out quite i bit, and it is a bit irritating specially if i imagined crawling about and stuff. Heh yeah i thought the itching was just me aswell, and once i start itching all hell breaks lose and have to tie my hands down to stop :p

Thanks alot for fast replies fellas, really put my mind at rest :D