Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Scariest place in NI?

I never asked any questions at all re sourcing, but E3A had access to the very finest poitin I've ever tasted. I *suspect* TCG(S) may have been involved in the supply chain, somewhere.

I never asked any questions at all re sourcing, but E3A had access to the very finest poitin I've ever tasted. I *suspect* TCG(S) may have been involved in the supply chain, somewhere.
I think I posted upthread, that I was advised from the get-go always to be sure there was a polis man in your supply chain before letting the stuff wet your lips :thumleft:

I think I posted upthread, that I was advised from the get-go always to be sure there was a polis man in your supply chain before letting the stuff wet your lips :thumleft:
Very sound advice. I also heard, from a usually reliable source with good access, that Fenians made the best poitin.

It was the bleedin' polis who, after a long hot day out in the cuds retrieving guns an' such from a hole in the ground near Maghera, gave me a tall glass full of "lemonade" to quench my thirst. Down in one, and I've never been the same since. Rex W, SOCO Ballymena. He had a military sense of humour.

It is a shithole, my nephew worked in the local Spar I think it was and he told me about the kids and I mean the age that should not be out unacompanied coming with a bunch of coins asking if there was enough for a pot noodle and it was not just one or two kids. He took whatever they had and if it was short he told his boss to take the shorts out of his wages. Lucky for him his then boss had a heart and and never docked his pay. What sort of scummy parents do that and leave thier kids hungry while the drink and who knows what else.
I got a shielding letter during lockdown and was fourtunate enough to be able to get Tesco deliveries and first on the list was all the essentials plus treats for my wee boy second was my elderly parents shopping then my wife and I's essentials and a few luxury items and last was alcohol and boy do I like a drink and you were limited to 80 items. Millisle is a cesspool of cnuts mostly but they had a chippy that done great fish and chips a few years ago but it could be crap now.

I think it’s still there, the windmill, there used to be a weighing machine in front of the chemists on the Main Street. The person in front of me on a 500/4 took it out at speed.

On balance, I’d go slivovitz over poteen. Although the atrocities committed under the influence of the former make poteen look like a fairly innocuous tipple.