Scariest place in NI?

i was one of those ladies met my hubby there 1972 rct

Make your mind up: first, you met him 48 years ago (which would have made you 16, according to your declared profile age).

Then you say you met in 1972.

That's 49 years ago, which would make you 15.

As and aside, how many times have you family died?

well we were not all slappers as you say i went to moscow discos and met my husband there 48 years ago he was rct

Did you ever go to the disco over at Sydnenham, It was a REME wksps by the airfield if IIRC.

We being the gentlemen to the essence of decorum that we were, the ladies were never referred to as slappers. We always thought that the term husband hunters was more appropriate.

Last edited:
Did you ever go to the disco over at Sydnenham, It was a REME wksps by the airfield if IIRC.

We being the gentlemen to the essence of decorum that we were, the ladies were never referred to as slappers. We always thought that the term husband hunters was more appropriate.
Pre "The Troubles" it was also the case , many a young lady looking for a way out of the shithole that was NI.

i was one of those ladies met my hubby there 1972 rct
We went to one of the disco's in Moscow camp from Lisburn when 65 Sqn RCT were there, who were a really good bunch of blokes. This was sometime in 1974. On the way a couple of the old bedford RL's with all the makron on the back, went down to the Shankill Road and picked up a number of mother and daughter combinations. One RCT lad was in the back and one by the tailgate hauling them in.

Compared to the fair maidens of Lisburn, slappers seemed an accurate description. Though I am sure a few nice girls slipped through the net but they were all in washing their hair the night we were there.

We went to one of the disco's in Moscow camp from Lisburn when 65 Sqn RCT were there, who were a really good bunch of blokes. This was sometime in 1974. On the way a couple of the old bedford RL's with all the makron on the back, went down to the Shankill Road and picked up a number of mother and daughter combinations. One RCT lad was in the back and one by the tailgate hauling them in.

Compared to the fair maidens of Lisburn, slappers seemed an accurate description. Though I am sure a few nice girls slipped through the net but they were all in washing their hair the night we were there.
What a pretty picture You paint par. :)

There was a better class of those in the RUC Club at their HQ, so a mate told me............just in case the Mrs reads this.

There was a better class of those in the RUC Club at their HQ, so a mate told me............just in case the Mrs reads this.

@par avion the only civvy females I remember chatting with in Lisburn were the wimmin working in HQNI, the checkout girls at the local supermarket, and Mary Peters who had her fitness studio there.

@par avion the only civvy females I remember chatting with in Lisburn were the wimmin working in HQNI, the checkout girls at the local supermarket, and Mary Peters who had her fitness studio there.
Big old unit..... (HQNI)

Last edited:

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I always felt sorry for the courting couples in NI. It used to hurt me as we passed along the back ally ways at night and each time I poked that rifle into some young blokes ear as he was about to couple!

every couple of weeks we had a disco in the Maze & the local slappers came in. Remember i was stagging on at the main gate with a screw & one of the guys had a slapper in the small room we had at the gate. he was looking out the window laughing. later told me she was blowing him as he was looking outside. won´t mention names ...haha
Never served at the Maze but one of my AAC squadron mates told me a tale of when AAC were based there.

Apparently the Sgts mess accommodation had a separate shower block and you had to make a short walk to get a shower. On a Saturday this walk took place not far from and in full view of the “ladies” queuing to get in to the disco.

One Saturday he got a raw sausage from the kitchen and pinned it to the hem of his knee length bath robe so that half of it hung down.

Caused a bit of a stir among the “ladies” so he said.

Last edited:

Latest Threads