Scariest place in NI?

I think I posted upthread, that I was advised from the get-go always to be sure there was a polis man in your supply chain before letting the stuff wet your lips :thumleft:
It was the bleedin' polis who, after a long hot day out in the cuds retrieving guns an' such from a hole in the ground near Maghera, gave me a tall glass full of "lemonade" to quench my thirst. Down in one, and I've never been the same since. Rex W, SOCO Ballymena. He had a military sense of humour.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It is a shithole, my nephew worked in the local Spar I think it was and he told me about the kids and I mean the age that should not be out unacompanied coming with a bunch of coins asking if there was enough for a pot noodle and it was not just one or two kids. He took whatever they had and if it was short he told his boss to take the shorts out of his wages. Lucky for him his then boss had a heart and and never docked his pay. What sort of scummy parents do that and leave thier kids hungry while the drink and who knows what else.
I got a shielding letter during lockdown and was fourtunate enough to be able to get Tesco deliveries and first on the list was all the essentials plus treats for my wee boy second was my elderly parents shopping then my wife and I's essentials and a few luxury items and last was alcohol and boy do I like a drink and you were limited to 80 items. Millisle is a cesspool of cnuts mostly but they had a chippy that done great fish and chips a few years ago but it could be crap now.
I think it’s still there, the windmill, there used to be a weighing machine in front of the chemists on the Main Street. The person in front of me on a 500/4 took it out at speed.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Ignore my earlier post, I thought it was stopping at Castledawson
I think there’s grass growing through the Main Street in Castledawson now since the bypass at Toome.
I must be hallucinating..did someone in here mention a jazz club in Newry?

Euclid

War Hero
On balance, I’d go slivovitz over poteen. Although the atrocities committed under the influence of the former make poteen look like a fairly innocuous tipple.

I visited Belfast a the Xmas before last and had a great time. Very lively nightlife, relaxed easy going atmosphere everywhere, friendly people. I really want to go back.

I went to go into one pub, in the city centre, but the door was locked. As I walked away a guy having a smoke nearby called me, then he banged on the door. I was kind of obliged to go in and it was pretty packed inside. I though hmmm. Ordered a Guinness and then started taking in all the pro Republican paraphenalia about the place. Even as someone with Irish Catholic ancestry I felt a bit uncomfortable, given my apparently 'posh' accent and that I realised I was still wearing my Help for Heroes wristband.

The Guinness was very good though so I stayed for another.
This could be the bar I walked into on a recent trip. I ordered a drink and the barman leant over and said "You're in the wrong f***ing bar pal". I got the hint.

I visited Belfast a the Xmas before last and had a great time. Very lively nightlife, relaxed easy going atmosphere everywhere, friendly people. I really want to go back.

I went to go into one pub, in the city centre, but the door was locked. As I walked away a guy having a smoke nearby called me, then he banged on the door. I was kind of obliged to go in and it was pretty packed inside. I though hmmm. Ordered a Guinness and then started taking in all the pro Republican paraphenalia about the place. Even as someone with Irish Catholic ancestry I felt a bit uncomfortable, given my apparently 'posh' accent and that I realised I was still wearing my Help for Heroes wristband.

The Guinness was very good though so I stayed for another.
This could be the bar I walked into on a recent trip. I ordered a drink and the barman leant over and said "You're in the wrong f***ing bar pal". I got the hint.
Maddens?

Latest Threads