Scariest place in NI?

...And why do they have to know everything - every fucking tiny insignificant thing? Usually indicated by utterly bone questions such as 'Why are you putting hot sauce on your chips?' Jeebus H. Keerist!
I was shot, stabbed and poisoned but not anymore, the wife's gone back to her mum.

That worm in their heads does talk them into some stupid shit, doesn't it...

Some of the blokes I work with have a fear you can almost taste in the air around them

It isn't the prospect of the company going bust and losing their job

It isn't the possibility of catching Kung Flu and dying from it.

It is the fear of being furloughed and having to spend week after endless week at home with the wife and kids.
I reckon that after spending years stuck indoors with his 3 wives, Osama Bin Laden made that call to SEAL Team 6 himself.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
There's a great to the point brief when Pierrepont remarks to his assistant - " When you are working with me, you concentrate on height, weight and physical condition. That way we get the job done. "
Considering moonlighting ?

You know where the mother lives.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
...And why do they have to know everything - every fucking tiny insignificant thing? Usually indicated by utterly bone questions such as 'Why are you putting hot sauce on your chips?' Jeebus H. Keerist!
I was eating pasta the other evening, she is exceptional at making that. I happened to mention that I liked 'Meatballs' the Morrison's ones.' Then followed a few minutes of questions of "Why do you like meat balls, what's wrong with my pasta? FFS

I was eating pasta the other evening, she is exceptional at making that. I happened to mention that I liked 'Meatballs' the Morrison's ones.' Then followed a few minutes of questions of "Why do you like meat balls, what's wrong with my pasta? FFS
None of which has, or even deserves, an answer.

Yesterday while sat in the sunshine in the back gardern reading a good sci-fi books (lots of explosions, space tanks and laser rifles etc) my Doris gave me a detailed run down about a TV wildlife program that I didn't want to watch in the first place... :roll:

She could have just said she watched and enjoyed it - 30 seconds done and dusted....

...but no....

There's a great to the point brief when Pierrepont remarks to his assistant - " When you are working with me, you concentrate on height, weight and physical condition. That way we get the job done. "

Apologies for thread drift.
Fie upon your apologies: read this (Kindle edn is under a fiver). Fascinating -

Last edited:
Yesterday while sat in the sunshine in the back gardern reading a good sci-fi books (lots of explosions, space tanks and laser rifles etc) my Doris gave me a detailed run down about a TV wildlife program that I didn't want to watch in the first place... :roll:

She could have just said she watched and enjoyed it - 30 seconds done and dusted....

...but no....
You obviously had the good sense not to point this out. Otherwise it’s the trip back through time to all the other occasions when one might have said something which might‘ve been construed as- or actually might have been- an unpleasantness.
I once compounded this basic error by asking how come she could remember the very rare occasions when I had a speaking malfunction and blurted out something which I considered to be very funny but was, in hindsight, nothing less than a mortal insult? She didn’t seem to weigh against these indiscretions the many thousands of compliments, the endless lines of poetry quoted, the catches in the breath as I gazed upon her beauty anew in some slight subtlety of changing light, the birthdays remembered, the flowers bestowed, the gifts showered, the wonderful surprises sprung, I could go on...
Funny place a woman’s mind.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Relieved a company of 1RGJ commanded by (then) Major Ian Corden-Lloyd in Andytown late '72, the operational handover was one of the best I experienced... the information imparted, the good humour, friendliness and hospitality shown to us members of our advance party of impetuous and impatient Jocks... superb - and indicative of a very professional outfit. Ian Corden-Lloyd, in the short time I knew him, struck me as a very fine Officer indeed.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We took over from the QO Hldrs in West Belfast. Their lads from the Islands had been doing it so often that none of the Chuckies would speak Gaelic to us in case we could speak it too.
Problem being, its almost impossible for one dialect to understand the other.

edit Part of the problem being a lot of the locals only knew a few lines and when faced with someone who actually spoke and understood it, tended to keep quiet.

Last edited:

Latest Threads